Alloy Corrosion damaging Tyres

audi1876

Reaction score
Hi All,

Looking for advice. I have bother with losing air first of all from drivers side front tyre- garage said in April its due to corrosion of alloy, they resealed it and was fine until yesterday when it started going down again, I had to pump it up today and expect to tomorrow as well.

Last weekend the opposite tyre was looking flat so I took that to be looked at. Again the garage said it was due to corrosion, they resealed and its been fixed for a week.

How big a problem is this with Audi alloys or is just because mine have been damaged a bit and are now starting to corrode? I think i'll go ahead and get them refurbed asap

If they are leaking around damage, then I would get them refurbed. If they haven’t been damaged where they are corroding, then that sounds wrong.

Old alloys can corrode around the rims. The tyre is always moving a little and slight damage from putting new tyres on. Water gets in and like any metal it will corrode. Other problems is moisture that’s getting pumped in from air compressors.
Happens to all wheels. Some are just more resilient than others though.