Alloygator for 19” Trapezoid Alloys

TonyF1

Reaction score
Hi,

Anyone had Alloygators installed on the 8Y S3 and any issues with the low profile tyres?

These trap all sorts of grit and debris and ruin the alloy. It’s not that hard to stay away from kerbs.

Reactions: pburv and Flying Scotsman
Totally agree with above. You will have to get all alloys refurbished, when you remove those " protectors " as the rims will be a mess underneath.

Reactions: pburv
I’ve got them fitted on current car (A7 MY20) and not had the issue with damage from the protectors as the gap between the plastic and rim is a couple of mm. Those alloys aren’t diamond cut though but have tagged alloys on multi storey car park kerb as the car is comically large so definitely saved on damage repair.

I’ve gone for parking aid on an S3 but wife will be driving and she does use the wheels as a kerb guide.

I believe the alloygators are not suitable for diamond cut, for powder coated, it would be fine, but depending on how well you (or the fitter) fits them, you may or may not have any debris trapped that could ruin the rims. It may also depend on how much of kerb protection the tyres have anyway. If you have the reverse camera and self-park, no excuse really to hit any curbs!

I’ve got them fitted on current car (A7 MY20) and not had the issue with damage from the protectors as the gap between the plastic and rim is a couple of mm. Those alloys aren’t diamond cut though but have tagged alloys on multi storey car park kerb as the car is comically large so definitely saved on damage repair.

I’ve gone for parking aid on an S3 but wife will be driving and she does use the wheels as a kerb guide.

That's probably the one thing the park assist is useful for! it always seems to know where the kerb is and parks the car dead straight most of the time

Reactions: Ludus
That's probably the one thing the park assist is useful for! it always seems to know where the kerb is and parks the car dead straight most of the time

Do the 360 sensors pick up the kerbs?

Reactions: pburv and Harny86
Do the 360 sensors pick up the kerbs?
Good question. I have 360 camera set up on my car but depending on lighting ie night time it's difficult to make out the kerb. As for auto park assist I haven't plucked up the courage to use it yet. lol