allroad 2.5tdi auto gearbox code compatability

jasongtr

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi there,

just bought an Allroad with an auto gearbox issue, the code in the service book and label in the boot says FCE EYJ, cant seem to find any FCE coded gearboxes, anyone know if any EYJ coded gearboxes would be compatible?

cheers

EYJ must be the rear diff code... You can get the whole setup from a similar Allroad or a6"...

Its not the diff code as people are selling EYJ gearboxes on ebay (and they have put pics of the gearbox plates up with that stamped on it)

Post a picture of the label in the spare wheel well or the one in the service book...

20151203 100906
as attached

from left to right: AKE engine code, FCE is the gearbox and EYJ is the rear diff. You can buy gearbox and rear diff together and eliminate the doubts, i am sure someone breaking a car would charge much extra to trow the diff in the deal ! Good luck with it, there's s 2nd hand gearbox on ebay for £250 aparently in good condition...​

I assume you mean the diff on the gearbox and not the rear diff on the rear axle, because if you mean the EYJ is the rear axle diff it just isn't.

Ive decided to break the car anyway, it was bought as a breaker anyway, thought I might keep it but there would be more money/time needed to be spent on it and its the best thing for me to do, might buy another C5 S6 early next year