Ally sump Guard

Mr Overboooost

Reaction score
Hi everyone

i know i am a newbie on here but wondered if anyone would be interested in a replacement ally sump cover to replace the standard plastic one.
i got some made up for my v6 4motion and did a group buy on the ukmkiv forum a while ago.
this is what it look like for the golf so something on the lines of this is what it will look like apart from fixing points and shape etc
thanks for looking
IMG177

You need to ask a moderator or admin before posting a group buy dude... I have moved the thread for now to the correct section and make sure the powers that be are aware

<tuffty/>

Ok i was just asking if there was any interest as i am going to get one made for my self and a mate who has a s3 aswell.didnt mean it to read as if i was arrangeing one.
At the moment its just an idea.

Last edited:
Have spoken to the powers that be and all is good if you want to proceed... I'll move it back into 8L for now and if there is any interest then post a thread in the group buy section linking to it from this thread...

<tuffty/>

Ok thanks for that we will see if there is any interest or not and go from there.
This sump guard on my golf has saved it many times due to those dam speed bumps where i live.
Would have probably cost me a fortune by now if i didnt have one.
Do the sumps on the s3 sit as low as the golf ??

Ok thanks for that we will see if there is any interest or not and go from there.
This sump guard on my golf has saved it many times due to those dam speed bumps where i live.
Would have probably cost me a fortune by now if i didnt have one.
Do the sumps on the s3 sit as low as the golf ??

All 1.8t's are low... Golf is essentially the same chassis etc as the S3

<tuffty/>

Hmmmm i wonder if the mounting point will be the same.
Should be a interesting exercise to see if the one off the v6 is a straight swap with only minor mods which would be superb

I'd love one for the gravel mountain access roads here in Winter, but I think shipping to New Zealand would be expensive.