Alright lads!

Alexx B3

Reaction score
Just popping on to say hello

Been told to get myself on here so ... hi lol

I'm alex , 20 from north yorkshire and just got myself a 58 plate 2.0 tdi sport .. Big plans to come even though i have no idea what im doing!

095.jpg

096.jpg

097.jpg

Welcome mate!
Thats a lot of car for a 20yr old! I was driving about in an old Mk3 Fiesta XR2i!
Good luck with it.

Welcome to ASN. That is one gorgeous car. Hope you enjoy the forum.

Welcome fella, not really keen on red cars but I must say that yours is stunning.
I am sure you will find all the help you need here mate, this is a great community here!

Yeah cheers bud! I would be enjoying it if it had been delivered yet ;)

I know it's probably out of my league for 20 but I work hard and pay for it all myself .

The cars booked in for a remap and and window tints already .

Not sure where I pick parts up really, Im border line as mine was first of the new shapes been 58 so I'm not quite sure what fits and what does not ..

I need.

S-line diffuser
Lamin x
Fog tint
Window tints
Remap
S3 grill or alike
Black mirror covers

Any other common recommended mods? I'm a rookie to audis!

Then Im getting some trick wheel and air in a couple of months :) then interior!

I know it's probably out of my league for 20 but I work hard and pay for it all myself .

Not sure where I pick parts up really, Im border line as mine was first of the new shapes been 58 so I'm not quite sure what fits and what does not ..

I need.

S-line diffuser
Lamin x
Fog tint
Window tints
Remap
S3 grill or alike
Black mirror covers

Then Im getting some trick wheel and air in a couple of months :) then interior!

Definitely get Aluminium Pedals. Transforms the interior!

1293526-S3PEDALS.jpg

Welcome Alex. Feels like only yesterday I was commenting on there not being enough red sportbacks on here.... oh wait, that was only yesterday. Good to see another anyway.

I had those pedals in my seat Ibiza out of an Audi tt haha!

I wanted red for months but they are a rare find!

Where do I pick most the parts I listed up lads? Quite lost really!

Last edited:
Red is the new white.

Most of the part can be sourced from ebay, here or your friendly local dealership.

Lovely car, Fella! Really feeling the red and looking forward to seeing your many plans for it unfold. Great choice of car!!! Paula :wub: x

I love red, had the choice of red or White but my Ibiza was White !

I've looked on eBay but there's no grills or diffusers on there ! Lame lol

I need.

S-line diffuser
Lamin x
Fog tint
Window tints
Remap
S3 grill or alike
Black mirror covers

paint your mirrors black or AUDI A5 S5 A3 S3 Wing Mirrors Black | eBay

S3 black grill = S3 grill black A3 S-Line Audi 8P0853651 Q front BUMPER | eBay

lamin-x - headlights and fogs = Lamin-x Headlight Covers 06-08 Audi A3 Film | eBay

S-Line diffuser? it looks like you already have that? anyway ***GENUINE AUDI A3 S3 REAR EXHAUST BUMPER TRIM S LINE SPOILER TDI **NO RESER | eBay

S-line spoiler: AUDI A3 SPOILER S LINE 8P4 | eBay

Id get the Lamin x straight from America but I don't want to get hit by import tax!

Im not sure what diffuser im after in that case lol .

Grill is from Germany :( and quite dear? I'm also unsure what grill fits been a 58 plate ?

Last edited:
mate the grill is relatively cheap in comparison to what it normally goes for... also the lamin x has no import tax from what i heard from other buyers here on the forum.

Nice car mate. Same age as me!

You might also want to buy a chrome tip for your twin exhausts!

:thumbsup:

What about a smooth numberplate plinth?

I'll bid on that grill then assuming it will fit?

Hmm just get the polish on the exhaust haha , I plan a delete at some point .

Think I'll just order straight off the site in that case for the Lamin x

Hi mate and welcome.I've got a 58 plate s line sportback in red same as yours and it's a 2009 model so all bits for a 2009 > will fit yours.I've changed the front grill to an s3 one and rebadged it with an s line badge and makes a hell of a difference to the front end I highly recommend it and fairly easy mod to do yourself .Do you have any Plans to lower it? I've fitted the eibach lowering springs and looks good and I believe the H&R springs are also very good.Good luck and enjoy

welcome to the forum your going to regret joining.

other than that..welcome haha

Thanks for that mate .

Did the s3 grill look like the one linked? I'm deffo's changing that its first on my list!

Im sure i read that the s3 grill cant have a smooth numberplate plinth though? If so i need anoter option!

Ordered a few bits already mate :)

Urm lowering is not a priority at the moment , In 2 or 3 months ill be going balls deep and fitting air and some new wheels so no hurry on that front :)

Last edited:
Thanks for that mate .Did the s3 grill look like the one linked? I'm deffo's changing that its first on my list! Im sure i read that the s3 grill cant have a smooth numberplate plinth though? If so i need anoter option!Ordered a few bits already mate :)Urm lowering is not a priority at the moment , In 2 or 3 months ill be going balls deep and fitting air and some new wheels so no hurry on that front :)
Yes mate same grill but mines in anthracite colour, the grill off paulie's S3.You have to remove the bumper to fit grill but it isn't a hard job at all and the old grill will just unscrew from the back off the bumper and then just screw in new s3 grill easy peasy

Idealy i want a rs3 optics grill but i belive they are rare as **** so im sure it wont happen haha !

Hmm do you know about the filler plate thing mate? I want a smooth black one without the plate cut outs! I'm sure someone said about it not been possible with an s3 grill.

Idealy i want a rs3 optics grill but i belive they are rare as **** so im sure it wont happen haha ! Hmm do you know about the filler plate thing mate? I want a smooth black one without the plate cut outs! I'm sure someone said about it not been possible with an s3 grill.
I don't know about that mate but I'm sure someone will be along to help you out

Idealy i want a rs3 optics grill but i belive they are rare as **** so im sure it wont happen haha !

Hmm do you know about the filler plate thing mate? I want a smooth black one without the plate cut outs! I'm sure someone said about it not been possible with an s3 grill.

RS3 grille new from a dealer over £600 :( But keep an eye on german ebay paullie got her for a STEAL.

You cant get a filler for the S3 grille.'s only for the a3s. Best bet is to get it filled and smoothed by a local body shop.

600!?!? **** that!!

Grr is there no other options? Whats this talk of optic grill or something?

Abit gay having to pay to get it filled etc..

600!?!? **** that!!

Grr is there no other options? Whats this talk of optic grill or something?

Abit gay having to pay to get it filled etc..

Not that i know off. Optic grille is just a black grille.
Ask Ian with the ibis white S3 on RS's he done something to his front recess but knew he wasnt able to get hold of an S3 plate filler.

optic i think just means black the the black editions chappy had one on his with the black fog rings

Peh , I could just paint mine black but its just got one way lines.

Want the full s3 type grill tbh! Got a mate to do some painting for me soon so ill ask what he can do !

Id get the Lamin x straight from America but I don't want to get hit by import tax!

I believe the lamin-x is under £18 so it wont get hit by tax, or shouldn't do if it is declared properly

Parts if you want them cheap you will have to take your time and keep looking, took me 3months to source everything i needed for a s-line conversion.

The mirrors you can get wrapped for fairly cheap so will be a cheaper option then buying new ones.

As for the s-line diffursor, it might be cheaper getting a whole new rear bumper and taking the diffursor out, i saw one go for £70 on ebay,

Great car btw

Last edited:
you could but not sure what it will turn out like if you want black one message chappy ( look for this thread for pics) think black is better on red. plus you dont have an sline with the fog rings so black optics all the way imo. would you get the wheels in black

Lamin-x for front and rear lights is like over 100 dollars mate lol.

I dont even know what an optics grill is mate.. I want an s3 looking one , All the bits my car does not have now , It will soon.

Dont like to do things by halfs lol

Lamin-x for front and rear lights is like over 100 dollars mate lol.

I dont even know what an optics grill is mate.. I want an s3 looking one , All the bits my car does not have now , It will soon.

Dont like to do things by halfs lol

Damn pricy, i know a lot of car wrap places stock the lamin-x so you could ask one of them to install it and it might be around the same price, when i got my car wrapped it was £55 for it for the front.

Total-Dynamic in Enfield have them

I'm from up north mate :(

I do vinyl wrapping myself , well i use too..

Fitting it isnt a problem i could order each part from the uk seller but i dont have my audi here yet to measure the front and rear lights!

Fingers crossed it gets here tomorrow! Watching the grill on ebay so hopefully i win , Whats it worth ?