Alternative to Milltek's?

coullstar

Reaction score
Just bought my S4 at the weekend but already looking at exhausts. I'll only be going for Catback and have found plenty of info on the Milltek's.
Whats there doesnt seem to be is info on other options available in the UK. Ive seen the Mangnaflow, Fast Intentions, AWE etc from the States but from past experience its a ballache getting things in from there with customs duty etc.

Are there any other alternative available from UK dealers. Ive always been a fan of the like of Jetex but they dont do one. Im in Aberdeen so cant really travel to these custom guys on ebay.

I was going to go to Stainless Creations down about Falkirk for mine. Nothing but good reports on the svag from them.

Reactions: jbcalvin
milltek or a custom job
i know what you mean with charges from the us
and if its the wrong part its ££££££££££ to return

I was going to go to Stainless Creations down about Falkirk for mine. Nothing but good reports on the svag from them.

When you going down? Had a quote on how much?

Well, I was thinking the painting would be the more important thing to do, so was gonna get that done first. But my redundancy was been whittling away quicker than expected, so may take another month before that gets sorted. Then I was gonna look at the exhaust. So probably be the beginning of next month before I can get down.

BazC has just got his account back with Miltek though, and said he would beat any price I could find by a considerable margin. Well, thats what he said, and I found it for £667, which doesn't seem too bad, and if he can get for £600 I would be tempted as I doubt a custom chappy would be any cheaper anyway. But then it depends on the whole de-cat thing I guess. I'll still be getting the quote from stainless creations though as I have said twice before I would never buy Miltek again. May just call them and see what they say.

EDIT: Just called. The owner of Stainless Creations actually owns a B6 S4, but wasn't in today, so I'll call back tomorrow. As a rough guideline though, the business partner suggested it would be around the £700 mark for a cat-back depending on sound levels etc... Also heard from Baz, £650. So will decide when I speak to SC tomorrow probably, but like I said, beginning of next month before it happens. I could ask if there would be any discount for doing 2, lol.

Last edited:
xs2man...

See if stainless creations would do a group deal as I am considering a new exhaust for my avant.... I'm sure there are plenty of scottish owners on here and svag that would be interested...

Yeah Ive been in touch with Baz, to be honest if its not going to be much cheaper than a Milltek then Im going Milltek.

I will ask. If thats 3 of us, then at least that would be something. 2 x S4's really counts as 4 exhausts too, so that would be 5 right off the bat, lol.

Coullstar, fair enough. TBH, I don't think it would be any cheaper than a Miltek. BUT, having had 2 Milteks before, I'm not overly keen on going down that road again. I had issues with both of them. Could just be unlucky, but who knows? I'm certainly a bit more wary.

i'd be interested in twin exit pipes :)

Got one years ago on my corrado, as said wouldn't think of getting another.

do blueflame not make one?

i didn't like miltek on my friends golf back in the days as the pipe grew when warmed, and i mean quite a fair amount

then on the TT i saw rust spots over newish ones

Blueflame only do one for the smaller engines. The growing is just awhat stainless does when hot, theres nothing you can do about that. Millteks do seem to be a bit love / hate hit or miss but from the photos and vids Ive seen they sound the best and sit the best on the car.

the ones i've seen fit flush, looked after and well cared for are great. but for me, i think for such an expensive piece of metal it should be better graded (possibly improved over the years)

i prefered the blueflame tips too, but can't deny that miltek do look and sound great, but alittle too oem for my liking

Get it from Baz? If so, did he quote you the same as he quoted me?

do blueflame not make one?

i didn't like miltek on my friends golf back in the days as the pipe grew when warmed, and i mean quite a fair amount

then on the TT i saw rust spots over newish ones

I had a blueflame on my Mk3 Ibiza Cupra. was one of the finest pieces of stainless ive seen. quality, fit and sound was superb. Pity they dont do one for your s4

I'd go custom anytime. Rtec in st Albans have sorted me our a few times now with top quality work and cheaper than any of these off the shelve jobs.

I have A Blueflame Exhaust on my 1.8t 190 with high flow cat, i rang them and they used my car as the prototype, got a very good discount :yahoo:too which was nice.... Looks good, sounds nice and cant fault it in the 3 years i have had it. Worth a try if they dont have one already for the S4

Hi does any one know were I can get a blue flame exhaust apart from blue flame itself? looking at getting the exhaust and cat but want to know if I can get it cheaper from else were. cheers nozdog

Hi CMD tryed there already nothing on there at the moment. CMD could I ask what is the difference between the 100 cel and the 200 cel?

Blue flame want just over a grand for the full system but the only other place I can find it on the web for the audi is DC preformance which is £807 anyone used them before or recormmend them? :sm4:

I bought mine as part as a group buy that Awsome GTi were offering early last year, the total cost including the cat was £720 all in. 100 Cell is a little less restrictive than the 200 cell. I was advised by bager5 to go with the 200 cell with the remap . Try a company called Amber motorsport I think they sell the Blueflame. Awesome GTi no longer have dealings with Blueflame as they fell out over Blueflame broke contract rules or something like that