Aluminium billet injector seat/cups 1.8t

QuattroCalum

Reaction score
Anyone used these and have an opinion of them? I'm fed up of leaking injector seats on the 1.8t, just replaced mine last year and two of them are leaking again. Would be worth £50 to burn the fuel rather than it leaking out.

If they're leaking again, you have done something wrong with the installation(maybe overtorqued causing them to crack, or not using sealent?)
You can upgrade to billet if you feel that extra money is worth it, I thought of that as well but can't stand 'upgrading' to something I won't notice anything from, so bought OEM cups and installed them(was only 15-ish quid if I recall correctly)

Reactions: DieselJake
Second time I've done the job, first on a Passat and now on my A4, I think the plastic is just rubbish, very easy to overtighten and crack the shoulder off them. Plastic and lots of heat/cool cycles will only end one way.

If they're leaking again, you have done something wrong with the installation(maybe overtorqued causing them to crack, or not using sealent?)
You can upgrade to billet if you feel that extra money is worth it, I thought of that as well but can't stand 'upgrading' to something I won't notice anything from, so bought OEM cups and installed them(was only 15-ish quid if I recall correctly)
Probably wasn't fussy enough cleaning the old sealant out of the threads, will give it one more try with the plastic seats and spend a little more time on the job.
I was against the clock with rain on the way.
I don't think a torque wrench would even register before the seats would break, you're lucky if the lip at the top is over 1mm thick.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Where did you source the injector seats, I'm having a hard time finding them online in the U.K.

OEM cups, get them at TPS, or maybe AKS can supply them.
I'm from the Netherlands ans just rang the dealer, ordered them and collected them the day after(there is a dealer in my city)

Reactions: QuattroCalum
OEM cups, get them at TPS, or maybe AKS can supply them.
I'm from the Netherlands ans just rang the dealer, ordered them and collected them the day after(there is a dealer in my city)

Yeah, looks like I'll have to order some at the dealers and deal with it sooner rather than later. This time I'll do the job in the garage and clean the threads meticulously then a generous amount of blue loctite before I screw them in #doitrightfirsttime
When I was removing the originals, as soon as it was halfway out and lost the support of the inlet manifold the allen socket just split the inserts into several parts, GREAT..... now the inlet's coming off.