Aluminium door trim meets seatbelt!

97catalunya

Reaction score
Argh! Undone my seatbelt today and the clip slipped out from my hand and hit my beautiful brushed aluminium door trim leaving a small dent about 2mm long.
It may as well be the Grand Canyon in my door as its all I can see now :(

Any idea how much a replacement might be and if it is a difficult thing to change?

here you go :

audi%20A3%20insert.png

link to the picture : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16802699/audi A3 insert.png

Last edited:
I edited my post and added the link to the picture, so you can see it bigger. don't know why it was that small anyway.

I think prices are in € and not sure about VAT

If you order please check with your dealer if this is the right part for your car, I didn't know if your A3 was a 3 or 5 doors :uhm:

I know this may be a little late, but after collection, I found that there is a seat belt clip holder on the belt itself. Mine was slid to the very bottom. Move it up to the desired height to stop the seat belt clip rattling off expensive trim or painwork. Hope this helps.

I know this may be a little late, but after collection, I found that there is a seat belt clip holder on the belt itself. Mine was slid to the very bottom. Move it up to the desired height to stop the seat belt clip rattling off expensive trim or painwork. Hope this helps.

Thanks Stu.

I don't have anything on my seatbelt that I can see? Any chance of a pic so I know what I'm looking for?

Although I don't think it would have helped in this case as it slipped out of my hand whilst releasing it from the buckle :(

Hi snowfree

Perhaps you could help us guys on another 8v topic. The S3 brochure states that the footrest pedal comes in brushed stainless steel, however, upon recent deliveries to UK customers its missing. Do you have a Audi diagram and part no to suggest otherwise?

Thanks

Lou

Thanks Stu. I would never have spotted this but had a look after your post and found it.

97catalunya - it's a piece of black plastic on the belt itself that is similar to a loop/slider on a waist belt or luggage strap that is used to keep the unused loose end (after the buckle) from flailing around. Only in this case you don't put anything else through it as it is snug on the seatbelt, just move it to where you need it.

John.

Hi snowfree

Perhaps you could help us guys on another 8v topic. The S3 brochure states that the footrest pedal comes in brushed stainless steel, however, upon recent deliveries to UK customers its missing. Do you have a Audi diagram and part no to suggest otherwise?

Thanks

Lou

let me see, where is the link to this topic ?

let me see, where is the link to this topic ?

Its is the S3 thred mate. It seems only LHD cars come with the stainless footrest. RHD cars are plastic.

Would be good if you could check.

well I had a quick look and I'm affraid there is nothing there. ETKA doesn't separate A3 from S3 and the footrests are all together.

Even the steel footrest doesn't really appear as is.

The footrest in the RHD car is a lot narrower than in the LHD - that's probably why.

Possibly the wheel arch on the LHD could have something to do with it?

If its in the brochure it should be on my car. Might email Audi UK and see what they say.

Reactions: Silky-S3
Have you found the seat belt slider / cliip yet, 97catalunya? I'm away from home but could post a pic early next week. Try feeling to the bottom of the belt at the floor anchor point.

s.

I've just found the clip. Who knew something so small could be so useful. Cheers SportBackStu 😃