Aluminium interior trim

Bradks3

Reaction score
I went for the interior aluminium trim over the black optic, but am now started to regret my decision. It's really soft. I originally went for it as why would you have plastic over aluminium? However I now have a mark on each of the front doors caused by the seat belt buckle. And a really annoying scratch on the dash. :(
I'm now thinking of changing to the black. I would suit my car as I have the black styling pack and carbon mirrors.
Does anyone know what's involved in changing the strips? Are they simply stuck on? I'm hoping I will not have to remove the door cards? Also does anyone know the part number of the black strips? I have a Sportback. Thanks and Happy New Year to everyone!! :)

Fronts just push in/pull out from the pictures I've seen but the trim on the doors has a screw and hence requires removal of the door cards im afraid.

Happy New Year to you also !!

I have black and hate them, if I was confident enough to remove them safely I would happily swap.
Where are you located?

Yeah I thought they may be screwed from the inside of the door card. Thanks for the info.
Thanks for the offer Dandanfings, however I'm down on the Isle of Wight.
I'm going to have a look into the doors and go from there. I hate removing door cards, and don't fancy it much on a new car!

Yeah I thought they may be screwed from the inside of the door card. Thanks for the info.
Thanks for the offer Dandanfings, however I'm down on the Isle of Wight.
I'm going to have a look into the doors and go from there. I hate removing door cards, and don't fancy it much on a new car!
Thought about getting them pro-wrapped?

Thought about wrapping in white? Always thought that it could work well with a glacier/ibis exterior and SS seats.