Am I being paranoid?

forty3

Reaction score
Just had a delivery from amazon and my wife noticed the delivery driver take a particular interest in my car before taking a sneaky close up photo of the front end.

I contacted amazon right away and they said they will look into it.

Anyone think of any reason why someone would want a pic of my number plate?

Last edited:
Strange, you don't live in Essex do you lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see people taking a sneaky photo of mine quite often as they go past. I just assume that they are admirers rather than anything sinister. Wouldn't let it bother you mate. It's only a car at the end of the day.

It's not a pic of the car that has me concerned. It's the picture of my front end and number plate .

A s4 looks the same as any other a4 apart from the silver wing mirrors .

If they're aiming for the number plate they are putting in way too much work, plenty to find on Google or Instagram, don't even need to go outside! Or if they had to go outside it would be a lot easier to hit a multi story car park rather than walk the streets.

Reactions: Chop.
As above he prob just liked your car, he would need to be a total muppet to deliver a parcel to your house and take a picture for anything dodgy as he leaves when he's just been to your front door.

Mind just cause an s4 is a normal thing to you to some people its a big deal, do you have a private reg ?

theres no reason he would need to take a picture to copy your plate he could just sit in his van and write it down as could any of the hundreds of people you drive past every day, i think your worrying about nothing mate

I'd be worried if he was checking the damage on the front of your car to see if it ties in with the damage on the back/side/front of his car, after his car was "modified" by a hit and run?

.....or it could be just another level of confirmation the delivery driver records to support the proof of delivery ? i.e. there was a car of this reg number parked on the drive at this time / date ?