Am i making a mistake - S5 for Tesla Model 3

rickparmar

Reaction score
Am i making a mistake, anyone done it or thinking of doing it?
Im getting really good money for my S5 so thinking of selling and i have ordered a Tesla model 3. (Which can be cancelled)

the S5 was only 6 months old from Ex Demo and I’ve had it for 4 years now and its pretty much fully loaded. I absolutely love the car and very attached. But crazy price hike on used cars at the moment its like a no brainier for me to sell it.

Very confused,

It's like comparing chalk and cheese. Teslas are lovely computers with an average car wrapped round them. Depends what you want, how much you drive, what you want from it etc. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. I've spent a lot of time in Teslas and would never buy one but that's my personal opinion.

Reactions: Terminator x, NevMan, Sibmets and 1 other person
On the flip side of high used car prices comes the lack/zero discount on new cars. I'm not going to look at another new car until the shortage issues have been resolved, and dealer discounts are back to normality. Paying list price for cars is just crazy.

Reactions: NevMan and Sibmets
On the flip side of high used car prices comes the lack/zero discount on new cars. I'm not going to look at another new car until the shortage issues have been resolved, and dealer discounts are back to normality. Paying list price for cars is just crazy.
Whilst I agree this is correct for the majority of cars, I've just got my sister a great deal on a new Kia Stonic, top of the range one with over £3k off list, the day after she took delivery we put the reg on motorway, they were offering £800 more than she had just paid for it :) Also sold her Fiesta on Motorway for over £2k more than she paid for it :)

Reactions: NevMan
There is always the exception to makes and models. I've never looked at Kia's before, and have no idea how well they are selling. I guess my comments were many focused on the German range which is where I've been looking.

Reactions: Sibmets and S32B
No, I don't think you made a mistake. The Tesla Model 3 is excellent; I've heard rave reviews a bunch of times from very different people. But I want you to understand the whole point of electric cars - it's a pretty serious thing, in terms of the difference from the gas options. I know that many people now carry just generators with them so that in case of an emergency, they won't be left by an iron monument, so read before different advice of Mike becker or other reputable guys in the field. There is plenty of advice on the Internet and even proven in practice.

There is always the exception to makes and models. I've never looked at Kia's before, and have no idea how well they are selling. I guess my comments were many focused on the German range which is where I've been looking.

Sold our Mini Cooper S for £1500 less than we paid new 18 months ago. Got £6k off new JCW Countryman. Ordered early July, collection next week

Reactions: 8YARWY
2 EVs I REALLY like.
The Ioniq5
Kia EV6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan
The Ioniq having that 800V charging system gives it a lot more headroom for future battery upgrades. Years down the line when battery density has increased and you need to replace it, that gives it some more options to perform a battery upgrade. Not saying that WILL but having a higher upper limit gives space to wiggle things about and make them fit

It's a tough decision to make, but I think it's worth considering the benefits of switching to a Tesla Model 3. Firstly, you'll be driving a car that's great for the environment, as it's electric and produces no emissions. Plus, you'll save money in the long run since you won't need to spend as much on gas or maintenance. If you're worried about missing your S5, you could always test-drive the Model 3 to see if it feels like a suitable replacement. And if you do decide to go ahead with the switch, consider checking out topcarstesla.com for some great deals on the Model 3.

It's a tough decision to make, but I think it's worth considering the benefits of switching to a Tesla Model 3. Firstly, you'll be driving a car that's great for the environment, as it's electric and produces no emissions. Plus, you'll save money in the long run since you won't need to spend as much on gas or maintenance. If you're worried about missing your S5, you could always test-drive the Model 3 to see if it feels like a suitable replacement. And if you do decide to go ahead with the switch, consider checking out topcarstesla.com for some great deals on the Model 3.
Look at the date mate, the post was almost 18 months back :D "you won't need to spend as much on gas" you have got to be American!

Welcome to the forums by the way :)