Amalfi white

holly35

Reaction score
Hello to everyone!This is my first post so please excuse the repeat question which i am sure has been asked here many times.
I have looked through the forum,but dont see the following in real world pics.
I am considering a new A3 ,most probably the saloon in 1.4 cod s-line spec.Colours are a problem when you cant choose!
My current A4 is in dolphin metallic,i have also had metallic black on a previous A4.I dont want to go black again.
I like the Glacier as its quite dramatic,and as suspected, it is possibly the best colour as Audi have chosen it to show the cars lines to best effect.
However Amafi is a softer look,and looks slightly pearl effect with its white and off white colour change on the creases of the car.
What i am looking for is pics of the saloon ,in sline spec in this colour,can anyone help?
Rather than look like every other A3 in white ,it does offer a subtle alternative which is possibly more exclusive?
Spec wise,i dont want to go mad,possibly led light package,heated seats,light and rain sensor package,non smoking package,deletion of technology designation,rear park system or Audi sound system ,but only if i go Amalfi.
If i had to go glacier i would need to cut some of the above.
Any comments on the above choice of extras and of the model chosen?
I did also try the 1.6 tdi which was also just as good ,but the petrol was that bit more polished and smoother.
I must say,the new saloon is very ,very attractive,probably the most beautiful small saloon ever.!

Reactions: BGS
Good choice on the Saloon - it's a good looking car. COD engine is a good choice too.

I haven't seen any photos of Amalfi white A3 saloons on the forum yet, but am sure there must be someone with one?

Spec wise - maybe go for the comfort pack which gives a lot of extras for the money. Combines auto lights, wipers, coming home / leaving home lighting function, auto-dimming rear-view mirror and rear acoustic parking sensors along with acoustic glass. Interior light pack is a good choice too as will add subtle LED cabin lighting to the interior door handles, front and rear footwells, vanity lights and most other interior lights. Electric folding door mirrors are a relatively cheap option (£150) and they auto-fold when you lock the doors plus the left side mirror auto-dips when you select reverse to enable you to see kerbs more clearly.

Electric folding door mirrors are a relatively cheap option (£150) and they auto-fold when you lock the doors plus the left side mirror auto-dips when you select reverse to enable you to see kerbs more clearly.

I ordered the £150 option, and the salesman said, they do not fold when locking/unlocking the vehicle,the one I test drove didn't.

Probably the £250 option might?

The £150 option do indeed fold/unfold when locking, and kerb-dip when reversing. But both of these features have to be enabled before they will work, so I guess your demo vehicle didn't have the option ticked in the MMI.

The £150 option do indeed fold/unfold when locking, and kerb-dip when reversing. But both of these features have to be enabled before they will work, so I guess your demo vehicle didn't have the option ticked in the MMI.

Yep that's probably what it was - demo car probably didn't have the auto-fold enabled via the MMI. It's just a setting under vehicle settings. With either the £150 or £250 option, the mirrors auto-fold.

I believe the only difference between the £150 and £250 folding mirrors option is that the latter has the auto-dimming feature.

I wouldn't take everything from the salesperson as gospel - he / she was certainly incorrect in this case! Best to double check the brochure / audi website / here on the forum for spec queries.

Thanks guy's, I'll check the online brochure .

Thanks for the response.I have been through cars for sale ,online pics etc but just cant find the car in this colour and spec.
please help me continue the search!
I am really torn on this, In all honesty,when i was at my dealer and viewed Glacier i thought it was a standard white,but online photos of Amalfi white does seem to give the impression of a pearl type effect with its subtle change in shade.I just dont know if the metallic is worth the extra outlay.Glacier is very common (for good reason no doubt!)It does appear that an Amalfi s-line saloon would be very rare.
On another note,is the finish quality on the flat paint of a duller matte quality? Is either easier to keep glossy and clean? (perhaps a stupid question with both being white)
Its nice to know that there is a saving to make when choosing packages over single items,i think choosing comfort package ,led lnterior light package saves the cost of the cruse control had you specified them separatley (i think,please correct me if im wrong!)

I'm on my 2nd amalfi car, really shines when it's clean, I've never noticed any pearl effect from it and I'd doubt you would see it in a picture.
I ordered the separate packs as above as I didn't want cruise, interior light pack, auto light and wipers with dimming mirror.
For me adding these gave far more to the car than adding metallic paint.

Have you looked at the amalfi white picture thread?
Not saloons on it but pics from every angle.

Pretty much looked at the whole internet!Cant find one pic. When i said "pearl" perhaps it was the wrong word to use,it just seems that Amalfi pics up subtle white and off white /cream tones on different parts of the car ,at the same time,depending on how the light catches it.
..the saving over Glacier is tempting,i could add the dark glass or audi sound ?( perhaps the black glass would look ,dare i say a bit pimpish on the saloon and best avoided)

thanks for the search....however i have seen this.Would still prefer to see an s-line spec version.
Keep searching!!
Looks more and more like i am sliding towards Glacier,its brilliant bright contrast does go well with the creases in the body of the saloon,and does highlight them .The Subtle bluewhite is very attractive.
Perhaps the softer Amalfi is better suited to the rounded form of the A1?
Now to shift my request ,where are all the pics of owners Glacier s-line saloons?

I've been racking my brain with the same issue...
Wanted brilliant red first, saw one in the metal at audi Stockport and wasn't too impressed. The amalfi white looks nice when clean but too creamy when a bit dirty... Not good on a saloon. As I've gone for other options I've decided to go with good old brilliant black.
They had a black s line there and it looked tasty!
But I think either glacier white or silver are probably best at accentuating the creases on the car.

OK, this picture was taken today with cloudy skies and is straight out of the camera other than resized

View attachment 32372

This version has white balance auto-corrected in Adobe Lightroom

View attachment 32373

And this version is manually corrected to look true to life when viewed on my monitor

View attachment 32374

It's a hard colour to pin down. I think the auto white balance in my camera is using the car to set the WB for the shot, hence the leaves in first example look too blue. Lightroom makes a decent fist of auto-correcting but ends up with a slight magenta cast in the second pic. I have no idea if my monitor is accurate, but the third one looks most like my car to me...

Trickydicky2 posted some great pics of an Amalfi White S3 in the "Post pics of your A3 8V" thread in here.

Thank you for posting the different colour balancing pics to illustrate the surprises this colour can present. I hope this will help future buyers to consider this colour.

I have seen Amalfi on a Q1 and it doesn’t suit a SUV, but for the S3 it goes well. I think it will even be better if matched to a black sunroof, dark tinted and black wheels. Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: Trickydicky2 and Pulp84
Here are pics of an A3 saloon, but sorry, I have no idea what white it is.

Hi this is my a3 saloon it looks even better in the flesh :)

I just thought it was the new Saloon Mag(netic) Ride feature !

:lmfao:

Reactions: Joetidman
Yeah, you're really missing out on that one, its a hoot through the Dartford tunnel ;)

Loving the Amalfi pictures. It really should get a bit more credit - it has a bit more going for it than many other solid colours.

Can't wait to get mine posted up in a few weeks

Revival!!

I'm so happy with my Amalfi, my manager bought a E-tron in Glacier white, and I was afraid that mine would become a bit yellowish next to his.
But to my surprise, mine looks awesome and his looks a bit blueish. So I'm pretty happy I didnt spend the extra € 940,00 for the Glacier white.