Amazing Insurance Quote...imo

Kohaku

Reaction score
A broker friend of mine has just quoted me £244 Fully Comp, Full NCB due in 3 weeks. (£182 without my growing list of 6 Points).Inc £400 vol Ex. and all the usual other bits Thought I would do a bit of shopping around,and found the following so far.

Swinton -£424
Rias-----£940..lol
Aviva----£333.

Awaiting SAGA (Yes,i'm an old ******).Dont hold out much chance, charged me £215 for 2.0 tdi 170 + £92 for 6 mths on RS.and no speeding points.

do you mind me asking how old you are kohaku . i am 32 and just waiting for them to get nearer the three year old mark before i buy . any body on here round my age . i would like to know what i am looking at paying insurance wise .

I am 65.

Think it was cheaper because. When i was asked the question, where's it kept . I answered ' I sleep in the car for extra security'.

Reactions: Nathan_jones2002
A broker friend of mine has just quoted me £244 Fully Comp, Full NCB due in 3 weeks. (£182 without my growing list of 6 Points).Inc £400 vol Ex. and all the usual other bits Thought I would do a bit of shopping around,and found the following so far.

Swinton -£424
Rias-----£940..lol
Aviva----£333.

Awaiting SAGA (Yes,i'm an old ******).Dont hold out much chance, charged me £215 for 2.0 tdi 170 + £92 for 6 mths on RS.and no speeding points.

Hi Kohaku,

I'm 67-years young with a clean driving licence (honest) and have paid SAGA £397 for 2011/12 and £364 for 2012/13. To put this into perspective in 2010 I paid £255 for a 2001 S3.

Question: Do I think the RS3 worth spending £200 more per year than an S3? Undoubtedly, the RS3 suits me just fine...

do you mind me asking how old you are kohaku . i am 32 and just waiting for them to get nearer the three year old mark before i buy . any body on here round my age . i would like to know what i am looking at paying insurance wise .

I'm 30 and pay £340 FC with sainsburys insurance

Many insurance companies do seem to be "kind " to RS3 owners

I'm with Privilege for £280 a year after extras (and in my fifties)

I'm 30 and pay £340 FC with sainsburys insurance

That sounds very good for your age..

I'm probably as low risk as you can get. ( Apart from speeding offences) Max 6000 miles per year.

I work for swinton

I believe many insurers are not in the market for us. Obviously Swinton take the negative approach.

One company may be in a position to take most of the 750 of us that will be looking for a new home in the next 12 months.

Just contacted Sainsburys.NO GOOD. Min Ex £750

Premium £446....Another company doesn't want to be in this market...fools.

Last edited:
I pay less for S4 than for Seat Leon FR 2.0t I had before it... £271 FC, 8 years NCB and 29 years of age... I was very surprised by this but checked twice and its correct

I was with sainsbury`s insurance up until last october, and was paying £470 for a mk5 GTi. No points, 13 years NCB, and I`m 44. When I was buying the RS3 I rang them to find out how much more they wanted from me and to my amazement they quoted me a whopping £ 1900 a year!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shocking I couldn`t belive it, I was really really p....d off with them so I sent them a right nasty email and good bye sainsbury insurance. Now I`m with admiral, at first they wanted £ 500 but then dropped it to £400 when I decided to get a multicar policy instead for me and my daughter, I bought her a 2005 Polo 1.2, she is 18, just passed her test and I paid £ 1600 for her insurance or could have been £ 1400 if we had a insurance tracker fitted to her car.

I'm due to renew tomorrow, got it down to £490 with Direct Line (been with them for 8 or 9 years) but having seen some of the figures above I might shop around. I'm 38 by the way and have a Sevenoaks, Kent postcode, garage and tracker fitted.

Can never understand insurance pay £330 for the RS3 9 years NCB then I had a Golf Edition 30 added on a Multi-Car Policy with 1 Years NCB last year nearly £600 just swapped it over to put the GT-R on it was thinking I would need to switch the RS3 NCB to bring it down and it costing less than the Golf (Only £580) with 1 Years NCB and same conditions.

£320 FC Euro cover & Breakdown, Sainsburys Age: 34 Garaged with reasonable postcode
My 50k Cali is £190!!

The RS3 costs me LESS to insure that my S3, the S3 was 2 years ago when I was 30 but I was very nicley suprised. When renewing I did get quotes up to £1500 for the RS3 tho

I work for swinton

Maybe the reason for 'low' insurance is: (a) there aren't many RS3s out there so the statistical accident rate is low, (b) many are being driven by old far#s, mine included, and (c) the insurance industry think us safe and steady ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ sorry, but I just had to laugh at that!

Maybe dancupra225, with Swinton informed knowledge, can tell us.

PS: one definition of 'driving fast' is to compare: (a) the number of times you overtake to (b) the number of times you're overtaken: I can't ever recall been overtaken on A/B roads whilst in the RS3, ever...

I think begining of last year we put it down to (A) but since we've had stolen at knife point, 3 smashed up, 1 stolen interior and a few known minor claims...

I think we all maybe in for a shock come renewal??

I'm impressed by a lot of the prices quoted here but at the same time sceptical I could get better given my own position. TBH I just swapped the RS4 for the RS3 at Admiral Multicar and they charged me to add air filter and exhaust to my mods on the 3 by about £30 so theoretically that meant the 3 was £30 more to insure than my RS4 which is reasonable enough since it is about 3x the value and I'm doing 3x the mileage in it. I suspect they were having me over a barrell though because I simply swapped cars on the same policy.

I'll be shopping around next time as I'm not convinced multicar is worthwhile when only two cars. Theoretically my RS3 is costing £730 for Class I business use on 15k miles, no points, 11 years protected NCB, 1 fault accident, 2 windscreen claims and two non fault fully recovered accident notifications in the last 5 years, 39 years old. Partner on policy as well for SDP, 39 years old, 2x SP30, no accidents.

i wonder who is the youngest rs3 owner on here . i would like to know what he or she is paying .

SAGA - £375 Not inc 2x 3pts Speeding

Obviously another not interested in this market.

£580 here with a terrible looking license ;) 30 years young

I'm 37, not the best example as mine's an LHD import, 8 year protected no claim ==> £600

I think I'm being had because of the LHD, but that's a choice I accept.

Ran out of time before I had to renew and have gone with Direct Line again. £490 with 6 years NCB and £500 excess was the best they could do and Sainsbury's, Swinton etc couldn't do significantly better. That's £90 more than for the 1.5 year old Scirocco £25k last year. Also found that adding the gf to the policy brings the price down, which is the opposite of what I expected.

My previous insurers sainsburys wanted £1900 ( £1500 more then what I was paying them for a GTi, I am 44,14 years ncb,clean licence ) I told them to get stuffed and went with admiral for a nice £ 450.(Still a bit high but I have a bad Preston PR1 postcode)
Few days ago I got an email from money supermarket with a quote for £ 360 but that was for my old GTi, and just for curiosity I changed the car details with those of the RS3, and the cheapest quote I got was for £ 520 and to my astonishment it was from SAINSBURY again, my previous insurers, the same ones that wanted 1900 quid, and that was only 2 months ago !!!!!!!!!
Can you work that out, anybody ???
So to the people who are paying ****** alot of hard earned cash I would say to keep trying for new quotes, you can always cancel your policy get some money back and go with somebody else.

Reactions: Kelza
Another happy renewal quote today, £348.74 all in, £7 less than last year. How often do you get to say that when renewal time comes around!?

Another happy renewal quote today, £348.74 all in, £7 less than last year. How often do you get to say that when renewal time comes around!?

Give Kwik Fit a ring (R&SA ) Actively looking to get us. Special rates. 0800 280 2222

Tell them your were recommended from this forum. I told them they could have a potential 750 new customers.

Mine was £182 + £62 for 2 speeding offences.

Last edited:
Give Kwik Fit a ring (R&SA ) Actively looking to get us. Special rates. 0800 280 2222

Tell them your were recommended from this forum. I told them they could have a potential 750 new customers.

Mine was £182 + £62 for 2 speeding offences.

Ok thanks, I will give them a try, nothing to lose from a quick quote.

Update - epic fail...they don't seem to know what an RS3 is!?!

Last edited:
Ok thanks, I will give them a try, nothing to lose from a quick quote.

Update - epic fail...they don't seem to know what an RS3 is!?!

If unmodified try Sainsburys Online Quote. :)

If unmodified try Sainsburys Online Quote. :)

Sure is, I'll add the classic three words though, at the moment. I'm holding off a remap due to the drive shaft issues etc reported recently, I want to stay with an insurer who accepts mods should the mood strike. Plus every time I think about more power three little letters hover in front of my eyes...GTR!

MBK a few tweeks and the rs3 will be all over the gtr ....:)