Amazing Insurance Quote...imo

I know what your saying mark ,but there is a few rs3,s on stage 2 and plus with no issues ...

Something wrong here, I know I live in a crap postcode...but I pay £2790 with 21 year NCB and I'm 71 with a clean license (driving)

Christ!...sorry too much beer!

I mean £790 (still sounds ****e!), god knows what it will go upto when I tell them about by-pass pipes, Revo induction and remap!

Reactions: Kelza
To be fair even £790 isn't that bad compared to the old Scooby quotes! I was paying over £1200 for a modified Scooby running about 340bhp 8 years ago!

I thought you were just being funny ha ha at first and meant £279.0

Yes I was paying over £900 for my R32 prior to my TT, now work this one out if you can!?!

In 2011 I bought a brand new TT TDi and insurance was £1200 with missus on (without her on, I was quoted £1900 cheapest), last year it went up £52 to £1252 in Sept '12 I got my RS3 and dropped to £790 on the basis missus was NOT on the policy, with her on it would nearly double!...how do they make up these prices!?!

I think they just make the prices up tbh ..

Something wrong here, I know I live in a crap postcode...but I pay £2790 with 21 year NCB and I'm 71 with a clean license (driving)

^^^^
Omfg that's expensive, NCB will have a limit the insurance will use, 10 years for example.

Ill be taking advantage of my bus pass before paying that out (I'm 51 btw). Lol

Wow some dear and cheap quotes in here !

Mines around the £360-400 mark, We've three cars on a multi-car policy.... due for renewal in the next month or so must get shopping around.

Thats being 34, Full NCB, 3 points :( and an average postcode.

Catnip..

Are you a customer who tends to remain with the same insurer ? I think if so, they know you will probably be expecting a normal annual rise,and so on...easy pickings.This funds the premiums for new customer discounts.

Get swapping ! thats car ins.btw.... Look how cheap my premium is compared to yours,and Iv'e got a not so clean license.

Ring the above number,you're bound to save money (less my drink of course) ha ha.

I think they just make the prices up tbh ..

and then double them.

When getting a quote,ask to speak to the head honcho. Be blunt ,nothing to lose.Play one insurer off against another.

Well just got a quote for £296 on the RS3 which prompted to get some other quotes...

Turns out its cheaper to insure all three cars individually rather than multicar...... Guess who's getting a phone call today! Barstewards!!!

Mine was £50 cheaper this year!! Got married last year mid policy and when changing from partner to spouse it went down £25!
She will never drive it!! So cheap.

Wanted to get remap and tbe but warranty issues have put me off. Can't manage prop failure - I've been trying hard with multiple daily launches :racer:

Well just got a quote for £296 on the RS3 which prompted to get some other quotes...

Turns out its cheaper to insure all three cars individually rather than multicar...... Guess who's getting a phone call today! Barstewards!!!

Was that quote from the above ?

Money supermarket, Then it showed More than cheapest.

Mine was £50 cheaper this year!! Got married last year mid policy and when changing from partner to spouse it went down £25!
She will never drive it!! So cheap.

Wanted to get remap and tbe but warranty issues have put me off. Can't manage prop failure - I've been trying hard with multiple daily launches :racer:

I agree adding the mrs helps! The quote to add a zaust and map was also good last year, I will check again when I speak to them.

As you know I use the full potential of the car and so far I've had no issues and even only very occasional brake squeal. The number of problems have put me off modified route which is a shame I think it would be a mad car at 420bhp+ on track. The idea of a prop failure and no warranty would worry me a lot, then I probably wouldn't use all the performance so no point. And lets face it Audi's customer service for those who've had problems hasnt been confidence inspiring. Maybe if the car was out of warranty I would but thats also why 550bhp out of the box with a warranty looks highly appealing!

Im 31 and female. my insurance cost fully comp with 14yrs NC is £960 that's with sheilas wheels! Admiral offered similar price though. That's with my partner on it too. Not bad as was paying £650 for my 08 audi A3 2L TDI. I checked out insurance before buying the RS3 and for the kind of car it is I don't think it's that bad. Not great! But not bad!

I agree adding the mrs helps! The quote to add a zaust and map was also good last year, I will check again when I speak to them.

As you know I use the full potential of the car and so far I've had no issues and even only very occasional brake squeal. The number of problems have put me off modified route which is a shame I think it would be a mad car at 420bhp+ on track. The idea of a prop failure and no warranty would worry me a lot, then I probably wouldn't use all the performance so no point. And lets face it Audi's customer service for those who've had problems hasnt been confidence inspiring. Maybe if the car was out of warranty I would but thats also why 550bhp out of the box with a warranty looks highly appealing!

Who quoted you happy on exhaust and map??

If you can't get prop failure then I'm happy lol..

I know what you mean Re:GTR but local builder bought new white one mega bucks and sold it 6mths later drunk him dry and depreciation was massive - stating the obvious I guess really!

Direct Line - much cheaper than the likes of Bell and Admiral for us and mod friendly within reason too (I'd prefer to use Bell/Admiral with them being based in Cardiff but they aren't so good on the RS3 as they were on the R26.R and Evo etc).

Yep swings and roundabouts with the GTR, just the purchase price/depreciation and running costs (double tax, double insurance, double fuel costs, £400 per tyre vs £200 on the RS3) would make prop failure look cheap. I'd only run one as a 3rd car and that's where the RS3 wins as it can do a bit of everything at reasonable cost.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kelza
With a Stage II map, so exhaust and a power increase to 430bhp my renewal quote increases to £601 (from £348) (must have held licence for 9 years or more condition) which I think is quite reasonable. I've paid more than that for 305bhp Impreza's and an Evo 360 so for over 400bhp that is an impressive price and, yes, still less than a standard GTR would cost me. I'm not doing this for now as I prefer to keep the warranty but it was an interesting bit of fact finding at renewal time.

With a Stage II map, so exhaust and a power increase to 430bhp my renewal quote increases to £601 (from £348) (must have held licence for 9 years or more condition) which I think is quite reasonable. I've paid more than that for 305bhp Impreza's and an Evo 360 so for over 400bhp that is an impressive price and, yes, still less than a standard GTR would cost me. I'm not doing this for now as I prefer to keep the warranty but it was an interesting bit of fact finding at renewal time.

Direct line again?

Nice one! As we said before though, does it need more power?
Makes crazy progress along any road as is.
Only car I've owned for more than a year and not modified.
I'd like a Revo trial if it was obd port tuning as before.

Both Direct Line £601 and Bell £605 with the Stage II, yet Bell were more expensive than DL at £401 without the map.

More power on the road, no not at all, it's already as quick as my old Evo 360 and that was running a healthy 400bhp.

On the track the power would be handy, I have plenty of braking, tyres and suspension left available even at the limit which means I need more power... The less than 1% of miles I actually travel on track per year are not enough reason to modify. The Scoobies, Evo's (engines, not diffs) and Megane R26.R were bomb proof (yes even the Renault) so tuning was an easy choice. I'm playing the wait and see game on the RS3 if it's still here when the warranty is gone then we will play for sure.