Q5 Amazon Alexa

Steveroberts1971

Reaction score
Hi, just got a new Q5 sline, 2021 spec, but having difficulty finding the setup for the Alexa on the MMI been through the handbook and done everything necessary, but no Alexa, can anyone help please?

Android or iOS? Got it working on Android on my F3 RSQ3 so a cable connection and Android Auto. So far as I know Alexa doesn't work outside of Car Play and Android Auto.

Android or iOS? Got it working on Android on my F3 RSQ3 so a cable connection and Android Auto. So far as I know Alexa doesn't work outside of Car Play and Android Auto.
I have iOS but now been told my car hasn’t got Alexa integration though it’s a brand new 2021 car, they say Audi stopped production of the w5 with Alexa, but if you order a new one now as a 2022 spec car it will come with it. I think this is so fair and May look to reject the car as it said it was on the car as part of my spec of car

I have iOS but now been told my car hasn’t got Alexa integration though it’s a brand new 2021 car, they say Audi stopped production of the w5 with Alexa, but if you order a new one now as a 2022 spec car it will come with it. I think this is so fair and May look to reject the car as it said it was on the car as part of my spec of car
Same here. Picked up my Edition One last month & cannot find how to get Alexa working via the mmi. Can't get Amazon music working either - even though the licence for it is listed deep in one of the menus.

I've got Alexa working via my Echo Auto that I had in my old A6, but would rather not have to have cables running about the dashboard!

Same here. Picked up my Edition One last month & cannot find how to get Alexa working via the mmi. Can't get Amazon music working either - even though the licence for it is listed deep in one of the menus.

I've got Alexa working via my Echo Auto that I had in my old A6, but would rather not have to have cables running about the dashboard!
It’s such a shame it won’t work in the car. Might have to buy the echo Auto

Alexa is useless in my car. It’s up and running but serves no purpose. You think it would select music for me from AmazonMusic but no. Totally pointless.

Hey man, just saw your post and wanted to say that I totally understand your frustration with setting up Alexa on your Q5 Sline. It can be a bit tricky sometimes, but don't worry, I'm here to help. Have you tried a few troubleshooting steps like restarting the system or checking for any software updates?