Amazon Music

JezzaA

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to get there car to connect to Amazon Music? I keep trying on mine but says it can’t log me on even though it doesn’t give me a chance to enter my credentials.

Is it just mine or is it a general issue?

Has anyone been able to get this to work without using CarPlay?

Yes - you do via Bluetooth and then selecting the on line media option in the mmi. You also have to sign into your Amazon account in the my Audi app too

Last edited:
Yes - you do via Bluetooth and then selecting the on line media option in the mmi. You also have to sign into your Amazon account in the my Audi app too
I don’t get an option in the my Audi app for Amazon music. I see the option for Twitter but not Amazon.

Should be on the vehicle connection screen (pic below). clicking on the Amazon link takes you to a new screen to input your Amazon account details

I reached out to Audi support on this and have been told that Amazon Music is not available in my car, are they just trying to fob me off ?

model, trim options - does it the smartphone interface?

S3 with c&s package. I see Amazon music as an option under media in the streaming services just will not log me in.

So are you using the app on your phone or are you trying to access it directly from the mmi in car.

If it’s the later you’ll first need to buy a data plan to cover the additional data needed for the service. Would b3 useful to see a couple of photos of the screens you are trying to access. Alternatively if your phone supports it just use car Play - its much easier to set up

Got it sorted. You’ve got to set up an account/ data plan for this to work. I stupidly assumed that this was part of the connectivity you got for the first 3 years. Have signed up for a free 3gb trial so will see if it’s worthwhile!

Just been looking into this tonight as I was looking at linking my wife’s Amazon music account to the car. What is your experience since having a data plan? Is it worth it or are you better off just steaming from your phone? I was surprised to see the data plans are time limited. Do you lose any data left after the time period?

TBH since setting it up I’ve never used it! I’ve just been using my Amazon music subscription through Apple CarPlay.

I've no idea what's happened to my ability to use Amazon music, but I'm no longer to access it via Smartphone Interface. Myaudi app can see that I'm logged into Amazon but says it's not linked (same as pics above). I have a new phone which is older so I downloaded Android Auto but my car is just not pairing this on the interface even though I'm using the original audi data cable via my wireless box and tells me to connect the phone. Well it is connected via Bluetooth absolutely fine, just not via USB for Android auto! I give up.

Does anyone know if streaming directly from the mmi rather than using car play gives any noticeable difference to sound quality?

I currently have the trial data plan and subscribe to Apple Music.

I've no idea what's happened to my ability to use Amazon music, but I'm no longer to access it via Smartphone Interface. Myaudi app can see that I'm logged into Amazon but says it's not linked (same as pics above). I have a new phone which is older so I downloaded Android Auto but my car is just not pairing this on the interface even though I'm using the original audi data cable via my wireless box and tells me to connect the phone. Well it is connected via Bluetooth absolutely fine, just not via USB for Android auto! I give up.
Try going into connection manager on the MMI further down the bottom put a tick or select AA. Any new phone you use has to go through this process.

Reactions: pixi
Try going into connection manager on the MMI further down the bottom put a tick or select AA. Any new phone you use has to go through this process.
Thanks, I'm going to go through everything as if all is brand new. I keep getting the message that Amazon music servers are busy too. I know I'm a technophobe and just catching up with the things my car has to offer me, but seriously didn't think it would be this hard!