Ambient lights

Lol it used to bug me and I looked about for another rear light, but in honesty unless you're looking you'll never spot it, so it's well down the priority list now .....

One for the team :slapped:

My '00 B5 has ambient lighting. Is it not standard on B6's then...?

No, it's not standard. I am guessing it's standard on S4's and s-line's, but don't even think that the sport had it as standard, and the SE definately doesn't.

Shame really, as it's a nice touch. But then this is Audi, and it seems that anything can be had...for a price!

well ill be getting it for the front for sure sounds like a nice thing to have on a side note why have they changed the background to black its nasty:puke2:

Recieved mine today and have just gone and fitted them. It only took about half an hour, it is so simple.
Will have to wait till the morning to get full effect.
ambientlight.jpg

Fitted mine this morning, 30 min job to complete and excellent instructions too.

Would like to thank Woorlord for his speedy response and delivery also.

Haha 10 years on :tonguewink:

I didn't even know about this mod until my bro and I went to look at a B6 Sport Avant and I noticed two LED's poking out of the interior light panel. Obviously retrofitted but I quite liked it and soon learned that you could buy a genuine part to do it. I bought that and fitted it to my B6 Saloon but the output was rubbish compared to my bro's. I drilled out the holes in the module and bought some bigger brighter LED's from Maplin which coupled with a 390ohm resistor served me well up until I sold the car :icon thumright:

Is there an up to date kit or guide as most on here have had the images removed

Haha 10 years on :tonguewink:

I didn't even know about this mod until my bro and I went to look at a B6 Sport Avant and I noticed two LED's poking out of the interior light panel. Obviously retrofitted but I quite liked it and soon learned that you could buy a genuine part to do it. I bought that and fitted it to my B6 Saloon but the output was rubbish compared to my bro's. I drilled out the holes in the module and bought some bigger brighter LED's from Maplin which coupled with a 390ohm resistor served me well up until I sold the car :icon thumright:
Thanks for the reply dude, forgive me if this is a stupid question, buuut....haha could I not just get an original piece and just ‘plug and play’ it? Never owned an Audi before and have seen a few things I’d like, the lights in the door handles inside (wow)! Never even knew those were a thing . Just want to update the interior a little as it doesn’t have any lighting packs etc

Reactions: Venomuk
in the footwells that sounds good any one got that and how did they do it ?

The footwell lights I replace with $1.95 incandescent bulbs verses $20-$30 for LEDs to me was not economical.
Door Courtesy lamps projector lamps are worth it for assisting your GF or buds who ride with you...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply dude, forgive me if this is a stupid question, buuut....haha could I not just get an original piece and just ‘plug and play’ it? Never owned an Audi before and have seen a few things I’d like, the lights in the door handles inside (wow)! Never even knew those were a thing . Just want to update the interior a little as it doesn’t have any lighting packs etc

Took me a little while to find the box it's in but yes, that's what I did. The part number is 8E0919063A and is 'Plug & Play' although you will need to drill two holes in the plastic fascia to allow the light to shine through. It's not very bright so I took mine apart and made it brighter but otherwise it is a genuine factory part :icon thumright: