AMD/Revo/MTM/Forge?

johnmv55

Reaction score
It's fast approaching time I "upped" my 2.0T, so, Revo at £570, Amd at £700, and MTM at £750 + vat and also Forge?, Revo sound good with the handheld "back to std for the dealer visit gadget" (if next week ever comes) MTM sounds expensive, AmD will be OK,
Who's got what and who recommends which???

I've had Revo in the past so would hartily recommend them but gave up waiting for them to sort their 2.0T map and eventually got Forge to do mine. Goes like stink, the map is very smooth delivery and no loss of stock OEM feel. Cant fault it or Forge's service.

Give Richard Washbrook @ Forge a call, top chap.

Can only speak for AmD as I have no experience with the others. I love the map on my 3.2, have had 0 map-related problems, smooth and agressive...

[ QUOTE ]
Revo programmers for the 2.0T and Tdi are being released to the dealers next week.

[/ QUOTE ] How does that work?

Correct me if I am wrong here but the Revo system will be available next week, it is downloaded to the ECU via the diagnostics port (obd2) by any of Revo's dealers, available later will be a handheld device you can use to switch the programme back to std for the "dealer" visit, I'm probably heading the revo way for that reason alone, I know dealers are getting better with chipped cars etc, but I would hate to take one back with an engine/drivetrain problem once the dealer knows it's not standard

What are the risks of getting the car 'chipped'? Also if it is that easy to switch back, why declare it to the Insurance company? I know in a right off you may not be able to flash it back, but would they check the ECU?

More power has to be more wear and tear/ a shorter engine life, maybe the difference between 200,000 and 170,000 chipped? who knows?It won't bother me though! it'll be long gone by then, and also more load on parts in the drivetrain.
Apparantly it is VERY hard for the dealer to detect the programme in the software, probably not so difficult if he's driving it. I doubt very much the insurance would check the ECU.

Its VERY easy for the dealer to detect IF they know where to look... if you stuff it I can guarantee insurance WILL check the ECU.

This subject has been done to death. Basically it's NOT worth the risk. If you don't declare it then you are driving uninsured. If you shop around you should be able to find a company willing to cover you for not much more (or maybe even less) than you pay now.

It was not a risk I was going to ever take, but it did make me think. So MikeP what info do you have on the REVO ?

The Revo dealer packs are due out next week. The 2.0TFSi code was sorted some time ago and the manual TDi code.

I'm still waiting for the base code for my car before they can develop the code for the DSG TDi. That may come next week or the week after......

Half the fun is acquiring the base code in the first place, without taking someone's ecu apart to do it.

Hope this helps.