Amending a order

Jamesb123

Reaction score
Hi

At the beginning of the month I placed an order for a new s1. Then last week I wanted to add the tinted windows as I think it'll look much nicer. I emailed the dealership a few days ago to ask if I could add the tinted windows option. They emailed earlier today to say that the order has been frozen and they can't be fitted by the factory now but they'll get in an external company to fit them once they've been delivered. I checked the order process and apparently the car isn't going into production until February and I'll be picking it in March when the new registration comes out. Does anyone else think this might be genuine or fobbing me off? My main concern about having retrofitted tints was that it was just a film over the glass as opposed to the Windows from the factory actually being darker glass (I think)

I changed my order twice and the second time it delayed the order by a couple of weeks and the dealership stuck with their part exchange price.
I'm not sure what the cut off date is for changes in spec but it sounds like you may have gone past the date.
I've had tinted film glass wasn't great.

I've emailed the dealer to see what they can do. I don't mind if there's a delay as if prefer to wait to have them fitted by the factory than have them fitted after delivery by an outside company. Like I said it's not being put into production until February so hopefully won't be too much of a problem

Dealer just got back to me and said it was to late to change. The company they use cost £299 plus vat to tint the Windows which seems pretty expensive to me but they'll keep it to £290 as that what the factory option would've cost.

Cancel the order after checking you can get a deal elsewhere ,your money your choice

Doesn't matter. They have been given ample time to amend your Oder and you should also contact customer service @Jamesb123

He can't be ***** that's all IMO
Here is the number for Customer Service: 0800 699 888

DTYME83

Reactions: Jamesb123
I'll look into it. I really want factory tinted windows instead of aftermarket. Especially at the same cost
Doesn't matter. They have been given ample time to amend your Oder and you should also contact customer service @Jamesb123

Factory tinted windows are long though especially jelly when the glass scratches

They're fobbing you off, i changed the spec and Tetbury Audi didn't bat an eyelid.

Dealer just got back to me and said it was to late to change. The company they use cost £299 plus vat to tint the Windows which seems pretty expensive to me but they'll keep it to £290 as that what the factory option would've cost.

That sounds like complete ******** to me, he probably just wants it within a certain month's figures and it will roll into next if you change the order. Call Audi Customer Service or speak to his manager bloke sounds like a jobsworth.

Reactions: Jamesb123
Result!! Sent a email to the sales manager as well as the salesman who sold me the car and BOOM!! All sorted. Thanks for everyone's input :)

Reactions: Scottien and DTYME83