AMI Cable

Brazilianhipster

Reaction score
Popped into my local Audi dealership to buy an AMI cable. The parts department asked me what happened to the old one?!! He then goes on to explain that all new Audi's should come with an AMI cable (with the purchaser choosing the end connection eg USB etc) fee (included in the on the road price). Is this true? If it is, I'll be going back to the dealer I bought the car from and ask them for one, as I don't fancy paying £65 out for one!

Generally speaking, folks on here say that they get a cable when they pick up the car. I was asked what I wanted and got three (Apple, USB and micro-USB)
But I don't think it's written down anywhere. It's interesting that the dealer you visited says that you should get one. I think that's the first time we have heard it from Audi.

I think t was once the case that you got one free AMI cable but they now appear in the "accessories" section of the on line configurator at around £35 (if I remember correctly). So implication is that unless your dealer is feeling generous or did not give you a big discount you might be expected to pay for all MMI cables

Mine gave me one when I collected 3 weeks ago, not used it yet though as loving the sound of the dsg/exhaust combo.

Reactions: Sandra
I just broke my yellow ami lighting cable - seems to e common enough.

Has anyone come across any on ebay that just charge the phone?
I use spotify, so when ever I need to charge my phone with the AMI I cant skip tracks! Would prefer if it just stayed on bluetooth all the time.

My car has a USB port that says charge only. Just use that one...

Got micro-USB and iPhone 4 AMI cables with the car, informed dealer I have an iPhone 6 and within a couple weeks they posted me a new one with the Lightning adapter. Not that I've ever used either!