AMI, MMI, Bluetooth and streaming via iPhone

jdp1962

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
If I hook up my iPhone to the AMI in my glovebox, and pair it to the car via bluetooth, and open up an internet radio station on the phone, will I be able to feed the radio stream to the car's speakers?

If not, is an extra piece of kit needed? I ask because I've just found out my favourite music station is being taken off DAB and will be internet-only.

So I plug that into AMI instead of the supplied lead, yes? Presumably then the phone's radio feed streams to the car stereo via bluetooth, have I got that right?

I can stream spotify over Bluetooth, doesn't need to be plugged into Ami.
So I assume you can stream internet radio, I'll try in later and report back.
Now that Bluetooth streaming works (wasn't supported prior to B8.5) and with the sd cards, jukebox etc I find myself using the actual Ami lead lot less than I use to on my B8. Only really to charge my phone now.
Plus it bugs me its in the glovebox and not the armrest.

Jdp - you won't need the cable shown above as your car will have Bluetooth audio

Reactions: jdp1962
I can stream spotify over Bluetooth, doesn't need to be plugged into Ami.
So I assume you can stream internet radio, I'll try in later and report back.
Now that Bluetooth streaming works (wasn't supported prior to B8.5) and with the sd cards, jukebox etc I find myself using the actual Ami lead lot less than I use to on my B8. Only really to charge my phone now.
Plus it bugs me its in the glovebox and not the armrest.

Jdp - you won't need the cable shown above as your car will have Bluetooth audio
Thanks @Keef

Reactions: Keef
As above. Spotify works over bluetooth audio (no need to plug into AMI), so I see no reason that internet radio wouldn't.
The only faff I find with my Lumia (using Spotify) is that you have to get your phone out, start up the app, adjust volume etc.
I like to keep my phone in my bag to avoid any temptation to touch it when driving.

Then when I get to the office and forget that I have cranked the volume up on my phone....I get a call and my ringtone can be heard
by everyone within a 1 mile radius :)

Reactions: scotty76 and Keef
Stu only just noticed the region your car image! Lov it lol
...And yes I'm in #TeamDaytona