AMI retrofit problems

Pork

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Posting on behalf of a friend who has just purchased a 2007 lemans with 2G MMI and is in the process of doing the AMI retrofit.
So far he has updated the software to 5570 from eBay discs, swapped the units over and just gets a message saying device may not be connected or working properly when selecting AMI from the media menu.

Scan of the car shows two faults on address 07:Control head
00003 - 005 control module no or incorrect basic setting or adaptation
00384 - 011 optical databus open circuit intermittent

I can post the complete scan if needed but was hoping for some pointers - I have searched and searched but all the posts I can find say it should be a straight swap with no other changes required on a pre-facelift car.

It might be worth adding that I cleared the fault codes and they are still present on a fresh scan with either the AMI or the original CD player connected.

00003 - 005 control module no or incorrect basic setting or adaptation - This error code is down to Bluetooth being retrofitted or removed, channel 12 in this link http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Audi_A6_(4F)_Control_Head_Front_(High)#Adaptation

00384 - 011 optical databus open circuit intermittent - Normal error when adding or removing components, this fault code will clear if you don't disconnect any more equipment,but will return if you do. If it comes back and you have not added any equipment then you have either a wiring issue or a module is faulty. One fault that could cause this is retrofitting modules but using a switched live power connection, when it should be permanent live.

What are you trying to connect to the AMI and do you have the right cable?

Also is the firmware updated on the AMI?

Thanks B5, he is trying to fit an AMI in place of the original cd changer which was sourced second hand. There is power going to the AMI as it charges a connected iPod but we obviously have no way to check it is a working unit.
He updated the firmware before I got involved with discs sourced from eBay de, how would you go about updating the firmware on the AMI?
Thanks again for the help

It can be done via a USB connection to the AMI, but you need the USB to AMI cable, otherwise you need to have the AMI connected along with the CD-Changer.

USB file can be found here https://www.audi.de/de/brand/de/kun...ion/audi-music-interface/software-update.html

That was the final version for the 2G MMI system.

For the AMI to work you need the correct cable for the device you are wanted to connect to it, otherwise you will just get a connection message.

Reactions: Pork
Mate you are an absolute legend.
I took it as meaning the AMI was the device that wasn’t recognised but it must’ve meant that the iPod was the device not recognised. The update took straight away and after a reboot works perfectly. Thanks again