And its off with the old and on with the new, and looks like well overdue aswell.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Well on a lovely dry & sunny Friday afternoon what better time than to whip off my old rear dampers and fit some nice new Bilstein B8's, and looks like a well overdue job too.
Nice easy job with no issues, old Monroe dampers came off without a struggle and B8's fitted nicely to the car , and the rear end does now sit a bit more even than before, cant see why but it deffo better.
the Nearside damper looks a bit nasty and I think its been leaking aswell , this was also the side that looked a bit down , anyway that's the rears on just leaves the fronts to tackle over the weekend, I doubt it will be such a smooth and quick job either.

Blistein4
IMG 0276

Last edited:
Reactions: Dani_B19 and Alex Ward
Are those H&R springs? How's the ride compared to the standard s line kit?

yes H&R 45mm , and I was about to update this aswell on ride quality etc.
bearing in mind I have only done the backs today, took the old bus out for a short drive around roads that I know the feel of and the change already is very noticeable, the rear end feels much more planted and a lot less harsh, really nice to be honest over the same bump that were horrible with the old dampers on, I wouldn't have thought there would be have such a marked improvement, going to do the fronts tomorrow so hoping for and even better overall improvement.
rear end sits spot on now in the wheel arch's and the car now sits level from left to right, which before it was down a shade on the nearside.
The combination of Bilstein B8's and H&R springs works exceptionally well on my old bus, should have done a long time ago, I can highly recommend the setup, I cant wait to get the fronts done now and enjoy some better handling driving with a much better level of comfort....its a win , win situation.

yes as far as I am aware, they were the factory ones from new .

Thanks. Mine are the same colour and not long for replacement at 103k miles.
May I ask how much the springs and shocks cost?
And where you purchased them?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I already had the springs and was using them with the s-line dampers, bilsteins cost me £439.00 delivered , but the springs were as new and I bought them feb 2016 for £60 , which was a bargain, not sure what they cost now though.

Reactions: tut_gareth