And the problems continue....... Grrrrrr

audiv8quattro

Reaction score
getting sick of this now, get in the car this afternoon and after replacing the battery yesterday, clearing all codes and the car was driving ok, stop the car, pop into the shop, get back in the car and the fan comes on, straight away even though the engine was cool, then fan turns of, then back on the of then it stays on all the way home, doesn't turn of at all, needless to say it kept the engine cool, scan the car and comes up with coolant temp sensor can't remember the code as I was too pis*ed of by this point, and to top it all the esp light is back on again, but this time, no fault code for that. Any ideas anyone (mainly b5nut, you've been a diamond) would the coolant temp sensor cause the fan to play up or is it more thermostat problem? Also I remember wiping a code yesterday "front right speed sensor" something or other, would that cause the esp like to come on? Starting to loose it with this car now, it will soon be going to Audi heaven (or hell) at this rate.........

Temp sensor can cause all sorts of problems, I replaced mine as a preventative measure as they are a common failure (not just on A6 models). The o-ring will fall to bits when you try and remove it (at least mine did) and it's best replaced.

06A 919 501 A Sensor
N 903 168 01 o-ring

You need to get VCDS to get a full scan of the car, so see what is putting the ESP light on.

You have to remember it's a 10 year old car, and the 3.0 is a complex bit of kit, and with all the electronic modules it can be a bit of a nightmare when faults appear, and an Audi so it's never cheap to repair.

Reactions: audiv8quattro
Brilliant thanks again mate, I was under the impression that the sensor was under the air intake hose at the top of the engine but I've just been to Audi to get the sensor its a 2 pin sensor and it sits on top of one of the radiator hoses apparently. My engine code is bmk apparently

Yeah thought so mate, just double checked and Audi were wrong, I read through the whole of your build thread last night, amazing work mate,

All done b5 nut I can't thank you enough mate, I vaguely remember seeing a post stating you was in the South East, it was probably someone else but if it was you I'm South East aswell so I owe you a drink mate, now there's a new problem, it's 01826
Sensor for steering angle (g85) :supply voltage terminal 30
---------------------------------------
Static - No define.

Right cleared the code and have driven it around for a while and it hasn't returned so all looking good, next on the list now the car is running right is new wheels as the ones on the car are 16" and horrible, a remap to delete the egr/dpf which was booked in for this weekend but I've been warned of the garage I was going to use so I'm on the look out for a different mapper in the South East. New suspension as mine is looking very tired.would love to have the knowledge you have as I would like to upgrade the mmi system but I have absolutely no idea where to start lol. I will probably start a build thread when I get the time. Thanks again for al your help over the last week mate

Can you take a pick of wheels on the car, I did not think the 16" wheels would fit over the brakes on the 3.0TDI. I was going to get a set of 17" wheel for winter, as I figured that was the minimum size.

Here you go mate, wheels are dirty , I don't like the 16s I'm hoping to find a nice set or 18 or 19inch wheels at a reasonable price.

Plenty of 18" rims available, and decent tyres like michelin PS3 can be got at a decent price.