And today has been a good day for the old bus.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
So the sun was out and it was down to my local tyre fitters chaps to get a tyre swap over onto the new rims and I think the old bus looks cracking .
Certainly freshened up the old girl with the new alloys.
No issue with fitting either this time round, fronts are a very snug fit , but hey that's all that counts .
No camber adjustments needed so job done.
A few rubbish picks on the ways home so you'll have to excuse the dirty car,and I must say the lighter rims do make the car handle much better up front, really spot on and responsive.

anyway, pics below.

Car4
Car5

Reactions: Rob Avant, Dan_Avant and BarryG79
Very smart Rob.

Think i will start off the betting

How long before you change them again.

Three months

Any more bets please. :thumbs up:

Reactions: Charlie Farley and Dani_B19
Nope that's it now for wheel changes on the old bus, I should have got these at the very start of my wheel thing , still you live and learn ...

Reactions: Sandra
@Just Rob. Wheels look excellent Rob. Totally changes the bus.
@joinerman, I think these wheels are here for long while. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Charlie Farley
Very nice. I'd be chuffed with that.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Nope, honestly chap......no more wheels on this old bus , but that's not to say i won't change them on something else though..haha

I did see it stamped on the rim but overlooked making a note of it, but very light for a 19" 8.5j rim.
I think its on their web page aswell, anyway they are Sonic HS .
here is a link to them in specific.
http://inovit.co.uk/sonic/

The Thanks for the positive replies guys and Sandra ...Very appreciated .

I have another big mod about to be completed which will just finish things off...can't say yet though but all will become obvious

Our avants look so smart in black, especially in good nick like yours! Have you lowered yours? Springs or coilovers? I could do with slightly adjusting the way mine sits as its a little high at the front.

Yep , black is a great colour for avants and allways looks dirty ten minutes after washing it..lol , but then all the colours look great on avants…..avants are brill full stop.....

Currently running Bilstein B8 dampers with H&R 45 drop spring all round and it does sit nice, low , but not too low.
S4 door blades also make the car look lower for some reason, maybe because they are a lot wider ….anyway works for me chap.

have a good one.

Reactions: AvantAlexB7