Android Auto Wireless

B79MJW

Reaction score
So it works when it fancies....
Does bit auto connect sometimes and comes up Bluetooth connection not avail. Could be my older phone but it's still running Android 11.

Obviously works fine with cable but very annoying anyone else have issues with it ?

I would check for any updates as it sounds like a software issue.

It's temperamental. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Restarting Bluetooth sometimes helps

Wich so
So it works when it fancies....
Does bit auto connect sometimes and comes up Bluetooth connection not avail. Could be my older phone but it's still running Android 11.

Obviously works fine with cable but very annoying anyone else have issues with it ?
Wich software version you got

I am using the latest pixel phone running android 12 and the car is running

Car wouldn't connect this morning, although an "ok Google, turn off bluetooth, ok Google turn on bluetooth" followed by a reconnection attempt from the MMI did the trick. I have noticed that driving into a multi-storey car park seems to discontent Android auto and this might impact on my ability to connect when I return to the car.

Reactions: Mastachaz
If it's the same software with the ID.3 mine was work8ng wireless with it and I have android 11

Στάλθηκε από το SM-M317F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

This thread has me confused. Everywhere ive checked says the new A3 only has wired android auto.

Has this changed?

This thread has me confused. Everywhere ive checked says the new A3 only has wired android auto.

Has this changed?
The most recent A3's have wireless android auto - not sure when this changed - my car was built this august

Reactions: Rakabos
Mine was built end of July this year - wireless Android Auto fitted (just in case anyone is looking for a timeframe, etc)

I collected mine in April this year ( do not know build date ). Can android auto via wifi be enabled with an MMI software update ? It would be a major plus if it can.

Mine was built end of July this year - wireless Android Auto fitted (just in case anyone is looking for a timeframe, etc)
I collected mine towards the end of July and mine does not have it for reference. It’s a real shame as my wife’s android phone does not work via the cable (there’s another thread for this issue).