**Android Headunit rear speaker fix!! No extra parts needed**

ab1702

Reaction score
As the title says I have found a fix for the rear speaker low/no volume problem on the double din android head units that quite a few people including myself have purchased. (Apologies in advance for the long post)
As the title says no extra parts/looms/adaptors are needed, everything i have done is within the unit itself and it is plugged in with the quadlock adaptor provided in the box when I got the unit. Now after the tweeks I have done my volume is the same as it was when i had my Audi symphony unit in.
For reference my car is a 3 door 57 reg s line with no Bose.

1. Go into settings on the unit, the same place you find wifi and Bluetooth etc etc and go to Amplifier/EQ as shown in picture below

2. Next step is to go to fader and adjust it so that it is more biased to the rear of the car as when it comes as default it is set to the centre and will produce no noise from the rear speakers. My setup is below and this sorts the problem of having no volume from the rear speakers but now the problem will be that the volume doesn't go nowhere near as loud as it should do.

3. Now you need to go back into settings as shown in the first picture and click on Factory Settings, this will ask for a pin/password, mine is 126 I don't know if this will be the same for every unit but I found mine in the instructions which for me is an app on the unit as I didn't get any instructions in the box when I got the unit. This will hopefully bring up a screen like below

4. At the top of the screen where it says Audio click on that and this is where you can adjust the volume further and you should get something similar to the next screen

5. At this point you need to increase these figures, the picture above is after I have adjusted mine as I think they were all set to 10 or 12 as default. I first increased the one that says RADIO to 20 and the one that says BT to 20(assuming that BT meant Bluetooth as I play a lot of music through Bluetooth from my phone). This solved the volume problem when using the radio and it was now back to normal and goes as loud as ever but the Bluetooth playback volume was still quite low. After this I went back to this screen and increased them all to 20 which is the maximum and now the Bluetooth playback is just as loud as the radio and now PROBLEM SORTED!!!!!! All volume is now back to normal!!!

I hope this helps someone as when I was looking into buying one of these units I spent a long time trawling this forum and other forums looking for a solution to the rear speaker problems I had heard of and turns out all along for me anyway that it is just a case of changing some settings.

Reactions: Dani_B19, dp_motley, HHS3 and 2 others
This solved my issue and saved me wasting £25 on a cable. Thanks a lot.

Reactions: ab1702
This makes sense, but won't remove the noise for Bose systems due to the way it's amps are setup, so an audio filter from eBay would still be required to remove the hissing noise and alternator whine in some cases.

Sent from a mobile device, please forgive typos :)

Reactions: HHS3
This solved my issue and saved me wasting £25 on a cable. Thanks a lot.

Nice one.. Glad I've helped someone

This makes sense, but won't remove the noise for Bose systems due to the way it's amps are setup, so an audio filter from eBay would still be required to remove the hissing noise and alternator whine in some cases.

As I said I don't have Bose so I'll take your word for it

Ahh this is how you fix it! , do you have an example cable that I would need this has been driving me crazy!?

also my radio signal is awful does anyone know how to fix this?

Ahh this is how you fix it! , do you have an example cable that I would need this has been driving me crazy!?

For Bose systems, this is the only piece of hardware you require to sort out the rear speakers and interference issues: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RCA-Noise...253937?hash=item3abeaf2ab1:g:4R4AAOxyaURTfKM8

Regarding the radio signal, the following may be required to sort it out: http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/ct27aa87-aerial-antenna-dual-fakra-din-adaptor

Reactions: moleskn1 and leshkin

As HHS3 says you need one of those dual fakra adaptors for your radio signal although mine came with a single fakra connector when I got the headunit and it works perfectly fine even though my car has a dual fakra connection. I think the main thing is that you connect that blue cable to the right cable on the loom as that powers the antenna amp so if that's not connected properly you're guna have a shocking antenna signal

Reactions: moleskn1
Absolute legends! , This has been driving me insane!

Bought both these things thanks for the help! :)

Reactions: HHS3
Absolute legends! , This has been driving me insane!

Bought both these things thanks for the help! :)

You're welcome!

Credit to leshkin and docurley with the vast amount of information they've put on the Android RNSE thread in the ICE section on the forum, as this is where I've got all of my knowledge from on this.

@ab1702 Thanks for the how-to. I bought an Android 5.1.1 Xtrons head unit recently and installed it yesterday. There is no sound from my rear speakers and sub at all. I tried to adjust the fader to the rear with no luck: as I move it to the rear, the front speakers' volume gets lower, but nothing comes to the rear speakers. At the position where the slider is 100% at the "rear seat", there's no sound at all. I didn't see this tread before and didn't know about possibility to increasing audio levels in the factory settings. I'll try it tomorrow and report the result. My only concern is that my system, despite being non-Bose, is a pre-amped one, as I suppose, and I'd need a PAC SNI-35 anyway.

@ab1702 Thanks for the how-to. I bought an Android 5.1.1 Xtrons head unit recently and installed it yesterday. There is no sound from my rear speakers and sub at all. I tried to adjust the fader to the rear with no luck: as I move it to the rear, the front speakers' volume gets lower, but nothing comes to the rear speakers. At the position where the slider is 100% at the "rear seat", there's no sound at all. I didn't see this tread before and didn't know about possibility to increasing audio levels in the factory settings. I'll try it tomorrow and report the result. My only concern is that my system, despite being non-Bose, is a pre-amped one, as I suppose, and I'd need a PAC SNI-35 anyway.

Make sure youve got everything plugged in correctly behind the unit as you should have some sound it's just usually quieter to begin with so sounds like something's not plugged in. When you say it's preamped do you mean it's a half amped system where it has one in the boot? I do that's what most are and it should work with the cables that come with the unit.

Make sure youve got everything plugged in correctly behind the unit as you should have some sound it's just usually quieter to begin with so sounds like something's not plugged in. When you say it's preamped do you mean it's a half amped system where it has one in the boot? I do that's what most are and it should work with the cables that come with the unit.
Yes, I meant it was a half amped system. Sorry my poor English, I'm not a native speaker. I've got speakers in the front doors, rear doors and in the boot. Can this type of a non-bose set up be a non amped instead of half amped? I'm asking because I checked out all the connectors, unplugged and plugged them again in their native place as they came from Xtrons. And the miracle has happened :) Everything started working just fine. The sound is equally loud from the front and the rear speakers as well as from the subwoofer, even without need to changing any fader settings (though I taped a fader arrow down to the back just ones, barely visible on the screen). Thanks for help and this tread!

Cannot believe I've only just seen this. Was just about to order a HiLo converter but will give this ago first. Hopefully it'll work.

Reactions: Sandra
I'm pretty sure this has worked, the rears are considerably louder than before so thanks for that, they are however still quieter than the fronts though, is this normal?

I've lived with this for over 9 months now and can't remember what the rears used to sound like haha!

Also when turning the sound up above 22/23 it starts to skip between speakers!