Annoyed!

• Thread starter imported_o_rawlinson
  • Start date
I

imported_o_rawlinson

I am well annoyed - just noticed this afternoon that some git has vandalised my car by booting the passenger side front wing 2 or 3 times. Been quoted best part of £600 to replace the wing and paint it and now will be without my car for 4 days next week. Why the hell would someone want to that? Idiots!

I'd be annoyed too, bad luck.

Just a thought have the dings broken the paint?

If they havent then Dent Devils might be able to get them out......they can do amazing things....

Sorry to hear Owen.

Somebody scraped my back bumper before xmas when it was filthy. Came to was it last before new year and the scratches have gone right through the paint. £265 to respray rear bumper.

Gits /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

So many jealous /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif out there.

Shame really. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif

The dents haven't broken the paint but there are scratches from the stones on the soles of their shoes that have broken the paint - the car is going into a BMW bodyshop that I have used before (Lancaster Audi outsource their bodywork) so hopefully it will come back as good as new! One question though why did my alarm not go off? How much does it take to set it off?

[ QUOTE ]
One question though why did my alarm not go off? How much does it take to set it off?

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh. Have that particular issue with mine also. I was also unlucky enough to have some /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif throw a stone through my passenger window. Has caused no end of problems, and one issue was that the alarm never sounded.

The car was in the dealers today for a number of things, one of which was to investigate the alarm. They interrogated the ecu for error codes etc anf found nothing. However with window down, wait for alarm to arm, and chuck key in through the window: not a peep. You can even reach in slowly and retrieve them! Not until you start waving your arm around madly does it trigger the alarm. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

Audi say they can adjust the sensitivity, which I've asked them to do. Bit late now though, it would have been better to have worked properly from the start!

Powerplay - do you know if it is a quick job for a dealer to alter the alarm sensitivity?

Owen,
I used Williams for my front wing as well, nice paint job. Just check that they put your wheel arch linings back in properly with all the bolts, they missed two bolts off mine which I spotted when I was checking the work. Also, check that they put the security wheel-bolt key back into your tool-kit. They remove the wheel to do the wing, and use your own key. They lost mine, but I checked my tool-kit before I left the workshop, and they arranged for one to be ready for me at Lancaster around the corner when I got there.

Are you getting a courtesy car? I got a little mini cooper chili to play with, quite fun for a few days, but could never live with it.

[ QUOTE ]
Powerplay - do you know if it is a quick job for a dealer to alter the alarm sensitivity?

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't discuss that today, have arranged for them to do it when the car next goes in, which it is scheduled to do. Will post and let u know once they've done it. I would have thought it would be a fairly straightforward job using diagnostic software.

bad luck gizza the /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif should rot in hell

Migzy

Owen, check with your insurers as many now include malicious damage cover, and the claim won't effect your NCB.
I ensure my insurance has this as this sort of incident is far more likely to happen than an accident, worth a phone call.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif Sligthly off-topic but I set my alarm off last night by acident. It was the most weedy alram I have heard since the £40 quid Maplin jobs we used to fit to our vans. Really crap, if your alarm does go off you have fck all chance of hearing it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

Has a unique clock radio feel to it doesn't it?
Something to do with EU regulations apparently, back off Brussels!!!

It's because people keep setting them off by accident that there so weedy ! (EU Regulations). Who wants to hear car alarms in the night or the day for that matter.