Annoying patch missed by front wipers

audi58

Reaction score
Hello

I have an A3 2005 sportback, and the right wiper always misses a patch in the middle when going over about 30mph. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has experienced this issue and wondered how others have cured this?

Thanks in advance!

:icon_thumright:

Change wipers Aeros if not already or renew existing.

Yep - definately an issue with your blades. Mine have always been fine through several sets over the last four years...

Only this morning I was thinking exactly the same thing!

When you say it's the right wiper do you mean the right wiper when you are sitting in the car, so the driver's side??

Mine only seems to miss the patch everytime the wiper sweeps back to horizontal.

I always put it down to worn blades, but to be honest they don't appear to be worn. I'll change and see if it fixes though.

I have the exact same thing atm on mine & when I swapped to aeros or new ones on other cars it was resolved.

Had the same problem on my 54 plate with areos Tried new blades but made no difference Ended up buying a new wiper arm now work fine Cost £48 inc vat

same problem, i just used some methylated spirits on the windscreen, gave it a proper clean and i expect it cut a bit of grease/dirt off, did the trick..now working fine with a new set of aeros too!