Annoying rattle, passenger seat belt

Liddo

S5 Sportback Lease
Reaction score
Afternoon All

Anyone else got the passenger seat belt rattling against the side of the passenger seat? :rage:

Going to have to put some felt down the side of the seat as its doing my head in :D

Yeah I've got that sometimes, but some other times are just completely fine, so don't know where to put it.

Reactions: Liddo
Yep, I get that too and find the quick fix just involves fiddling with it to make sure the belt isn't twisted. I would also add, in my experience, that this is not a "feature" unique to Audi!!

If it's like my S3 the little plastic thing that holds the metal buckle/clip at the height you require sometimes slides down and rattles, just a case of moving it back up!

Last edited:
Nooooo, this is the actual buckle tapping on the plastic side of the seat. I could move the seat right back or right forward
to stop it, but it'd look daft! I've got some "anti rattle" felt tape somewhere, will put a couple of strips of that on the side of the seat and see if that cures it.

;)

Put the anti rattle felt tape in place, no more rattles ;) It all depends what position your passenger seat is at as to whether you'll get the tapping noise.

Reactions: S32B
Does this only occur in the Sportback?

Probably, as the belt im guessing is further back in the Coupe! The felt tape I added has done the trick. I tried adjusting the seatbelt, but the Mrs kept putting it back, as it "scrubbed her neck" I've got two hands that will be "scrubbing her neck" if she keep messing with my car :D

Probably, as the belt im guessing is further back in the Coupe! The felt tape I added has done the trick. I tried adjusting the seatbelt, but the Mrs kept putting it back, as it "scrubbed her neck" I've got two hands that will be "scrubbing her neck" if she keep messing with my car :D

Well, there's always the back seats! :haha: