SM18

Audi A3
Reaction score
hi all.

Got a 15 plate Audi, and since owning last few month, it really bugs me that the passenger wiper blade doesn’t wipe a neat curved line all the way to the bottom. It’s fine until the last six inches, where the tax disc would go. It seems that the blade loses contact in that area. So as car needed service st the weekend I got the front blades replaced in hope that it would cure this, but no. Still does it, and more annoyingly it now does it drivers side bottom corner.

The new blades are from Audi along with the service kit.

Has anyone else experienced this and found a cure? Can’t image it’s the arms, seems like it’s the style of these new wiper blades, not as flexible as they used to be.

Thanks

Some blades have a small support clip above the arm itself that can be adjusted by sliding it slightly down towards the bottom of the blade to allow more flexibility. Possible that yours is too high and holding the rubber of the screen.

Hi @traindweller thanks for that, will have a look tonight, is that on the wiper blade or arm? Could you post a pic if poss?

Thanks

Hopefully will become clear when I look

I have a different problem but equally as annoying.
Mine judders and leave streak all over the screen. Dealer replaced the blades and it’s improved but still does it so putting it down to Audi blades are crap.
There was a post on here somewhere about using PIAA blades instead so gonna give them a try when I get my car back.

Reactions: glasgowdubber
I’ve had this problem with this car, and just used to avoid polish/silicone getting on screen, espically rear wiper would judder like hell. But just used to clean screen after washing with a good alcohol glass cleaner and wipes perfectly, just not in bottom corners!

Reactions: glasgowdubber
I had trouble with the OEM blades but not with Bosch aero twin until they got to about 12 months old. I swapped them recently and they’re fine again. Oil, grease, silicone can all contaminate the screen and wipers and encourage judder.

Sorry mine are not Audi OEM so no clip on them, but you will see it when you look if the clip is fitted. Now that both of yours are coming off the screen it does seem that the blades need to be bent a little closer to the screen at the outermost part. If no clip fitted, go for the manual bend/adjustment by hand,they are pretty tough!

yeah might have to lose money and try Bosch blades. I'm not getting no juddering, just that missing patch.
@traindweller Ive looked but can't see any clip to adjust anything?

cheers all

I have just a cracked windscreen. The screen was changed by Autoglass and I also had a new set of wipers at the same time. The new ones are Bosch and they are good. They clear all the screen and a quite in operation. Worth the money in my opinion.

Mine judders and leave streak all over the screen. Dealer replaced the blades and it’s improved but still does it so putting it down to Audi blades are ****.
There was a post on here somewhere about using PIAA blades instead so gonna give them a try when I get my car back.

FWIW, mine juddered from new too. I used Audi's glass polish, which someone bought me, and that seems to have cured it.

Reactions: AlS3BE
Mine judders and leave streak all over the screen. Dealer replaced the blades and it’s improved but still does it so putting it down to Audi blades are ****.

So glad you posted about this! I’ve had this started, weirdly enough it was after I used carbon collective Glass Ceramic-type coating! I applied this on my previous Audi and didn’t have any issues, it’s strange as weirdly it only does it when the window has a lot of water, when I use washer jets it doesn’t do it!

So glad you posted about this! I’ve had this started, weirdly enough it was after I used carbon collective Glass Ceramic-type coating! I applied this on my previous Audi and didn’t have any issues, it’s strange as weirdly it only does it when the window has a lot of water, when I use washer jets it doesn’t do it!
Exactly same as me. Mine is only a few months old and has did it since new. Dealers fitted new wipers and it helped a little. Only does it with clean water/rain and screen wash fixes it for a few wipes and then it starts again. I have cleaned it with alcohol, tfr, tar remover, vinegar and it’s still does it. Might try using something like a glass sealant or rain-x to see if it helps before I buy new wipers.

Exactly same as me. Mine is only a few months old and has did it since new. Dealers fitted new wipers and it helped a little. Only does it with clean water/rain and screen wash fixes it for a few wipes and then it starts again. I have cleaned it with alcohol, tfr, tar remover, vinegar and it’s still does it. Might try using something like a glass sealant or rain-x to see if it helps before I buy new wipers.

Try one of the petrochemical based cream glass cleaners (the type that dries to a haze and has to be polished off). These are very slightly abrasive and more likely to shift muck from the glass. I used Autoglym glass polish and it worked well but it takes more effort than the "windolene" type spray liquid cleaners. Also pay particular attention to the area where the wipers park and clean the blades with the glass cleaner too (you will be amazed at the rubbish that comes off the blades).

Reactions: AlS3BE