Another Brake Question

Grazam

Reaction score
I was wondering something, if I was to fit larger front brakes on my 1.8t quattro would there be significant gains from putting my standard front brakes on the rear if it is possible I haven't had a look at the rear mounting at all.

Nope... A3/S3 are mostly front biased... apart from the headache of fitting (and expense) there is nothing to be gained from fitting anything 'better' to the rear...

There are a few that have fitted larger on here but normally alongside 400hp BT conversions...

Due to the bias it is possible that the car could swap ends under heavy braking...

<tuffty/>

Fair enough its just it looks a little silly with the tiny disk size at the back, is there a happy medium where it doesn't look like ive fitted my mountain bike brakes to the rear, but doesn't mess up brake balance

Fair enough its just it looks a little silly with the tiny disk size at the back, is there a happy medium where it doesn't look like ive fitted my mountain bike brakes to the rear, but doesn't mess up brake balance

Your best bet is to fit S3 rear brakes.