Another bye bye A4 thread.

mjcairney

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Having hankered after a 5 series for some time now, I decided to take the plunge and have bought myself a 69 plate 520i M Sport, so I won't be around here very much now, not that I have been very active of late anyway. I must say I loved my 252ps A4 Quattro but, having been used to changing my car every two years or thereabouts, the bug struck again.
I shall still be popping in to the forum occasionally as my wife still has her A3 with no intention of changing it, but I will take this opportunity to wish all you A4 owners happy motoring and all the best for the future.
Martin.

Reactions: Sandra, Bells, Exx-on and 1 other person
How is the 5 series, thinking about changing to a 530d or a 530e estate...

Hi, the 5 series is a very comfortable car with plenty of room, both front and back. I have the 2ltr petrol which, although down on power from my A4, has enough "get up and go" to satisfy most. Personally, I have gone off diesel as it's looking like it's going to be more and more unwelcome in city centres etc. I thought about the 530e but, for the age of car I wanted, it was going to cost more than I was prepared to spend.
Whatever choice you make, I wish you all the best.

Hope you enjoy your new BMW as much as you did with the A4. I have my road test tomorrow morning and if the sums all work out I will also be moving on...

Reactions: NevMan
Hope you enjoy your new BMW as much as you did with the A4. I have my road test tomorrow morning and if the sums all work out I will also be moving on...
Thank you. I hope your road test goes well tomorrow and no doubt you'll advise accordingly. As a matter of interest, what are you testing?

Reactions: NevMan
Hi Martin, enjoy your new car. :)

Reactions: mjcairney
Thank you. I hope your road test goes well tomorrow and no doubt you'll advise accordingly. As a matter of interest, what are you testing?
Testing a BMW Series 2 Grand Coupe M235i...

Reactions: NevMan, mjcairney and Mkay315
Same from me! Do let us know how the test drive goes.
I heard the latest 5 series is a blast to drive and has comfortable seats. I hope you have great joy with that car. Any idea which colour you're looking to get yours in out of curiosity?

I heard the latest 5 series is a blast to drive and has comfortable seats. I hope you have great joy with that car. Any idea which colour you're looking to get yours in out of curiosity?
I'm not sure as to whom you are asking re colour, but mine is black. It is lovely to drive and there is no doubt the seats are very comfortable. That said, the same really goes for my A4 which I traded in. As for cuke2u, hopefully he'll come back and tell us all about the one he was test driving today. Cheers!

Reactions: Mkay315
I'm not sure as to whom you are asking re colour, but mine is black. It is lovely to drive and there is no doubt the seats are very comfortable. That said, the same really goes for my A4 which I traded in. As for cuke2u, hopefully he'll come back and tell us all about the one he was test driving today. Cheers!
Oh my apologies for not making it clearer previously. It was to both of you. I'm in the process of getting an A4 at some point this year and if it's feasible in a few years I may hop onto the A6 next but I've heard of people complaining about the rattling the C8 models seem to be making which may make me ask myself if I would still go for the C8 model or look at alternatives such as the 5 series or something different overall.

No problem. I am certainly very happy with my 5 series and have no regrets at all. Best of luck with your choices in the future.