Another connect issue....

Pork

Reaction score
Has anyone had problems with google maps displaying today?
Set off for Fishguard and when I crossed into Wales I lost google maps on the mmi display, it still worked as a sat nav, just displayed a brownish green smudge for all the surrounding area - a bit like normal display but with no resolution.
I tried changing between map displays and switched the car off for a few minutes but it still stayed the same.
Display on VC is as it should be though weirdly.
Away this week so don't really want to try a reset till I'm home, failing that has anyone updated their maps directly from the car?

Has anyone had problems with google maps displaying today?
Set off for Fishguard and when I crossed into Wales I lost google maps on the mmi display, it still worked as a sat nav, just displayed a brownish green smudge for all the surrounding area - a bit like normal display but with no resolution.
I tried changing between map displays and switched the car off for a few minutes but it still stayed the same.
Display on VC is as it should be though weirdly.
Away this week so don't really want to try a reset till I'm home, failing that has anyone updated their maps directly from the car?
Yes I have.
This is what I did...

Press Menu
Go to Audi Connect
Go to Software update
Tick the empty box for the map update even if it says zero MB (Was offered `England South` and a list of other countries. Added `England North`)
Press Continue (or whatever it says to start the update)

I needed to switch the car off when prompted to park for the update to take effect.

Reactions: Keef
Have done a map update over the embedded SIM a couple of times and its fine. Nice thing is that it even has ability to pause/resume during your drives - then all of a sudden it just says it's updated :)

Reactions: Keef
Sweet, thanks guys.
It obviously needed to be switched off long enough to initiate when it switched back on because it was ok again this morning.
I'll have a go at the update when I'm back.