Another Gearbox Issue...

Mine kicks in on DYNAMIC as well, as I found out this morning. I have HHA.

As far as I know it'll still kick in with the Drive Select in Dynamic but won't do it before the car actually stops moving and can be controlled with how much brake pressure you use when you do stop rolling.

It happened rolling up a slip road, wasn;t quite at a stop, might have been the microsecond I stopped moving possibly.

Truly cannot see how it would remotely save fuel. It's just faulty in my view, and dangerous to boot.

Its more than likely to do with emissions, but, and with respect, I do not share the view it is dangerous. So I guess we'll just need to beg to differ on that one :)

Its more than likely to do with emissions, but, and with respect, I do not share the view it is dangerous. So I guess we'll just need to beg to differ on that one :)

You drive up to a junction and prepare to stop. As you brake to either stop or go depending on "oncoming" traffic, you then see it is safe to go, as long as you keep moving. You try to go, but stop/start kicks in just before you do, leaving you completely stranded with no power. It's at least a second or two before you actually get forward power as the engine restarts. By which time your comfortable gap to clear the junction has become a horribly short one, with no control of when that will be. It's utterly ludicrous for the engine to cut out before the car has even stopped at the junction. Losing power at random is dangerous, regardless of your opinion.

Reactions: A4B9 and Kestrel
Well I also do drive my car and up to junctions as well ;-), however it's not caused me any issues regardless of your opinion either. So, as I stated, lets keep it as we beg to differ and not get into a silly argument over 'opinions'.

Well you have a different car/engine etc to me....plus there's no opinion involved in saying losing engine power at random is dangerous, because that isn't an opinion it's just common sense.

I haven't even noticed a loss in power, sorry. Yes the start/stop kicks in but it has never put me in any danger but maybe I can instictively drive around it. Maybe you just need to find a solution, it's not rocket science, if start/stop bugs you so much you can turn it off with the switch, select dynamic or sports mode or purchase a £30 device that turns it off altogether...

Thanks - I'd previously dismissed it.... as wasn't sure that it is actually compatible with the B9 platform though? Doesn't seem like it from the description?

Hadn't realised that's what it meant. Has anyone tried one of these?

Hadn't realised that's what it meant. Has anyone tried one of these?

Had the kufatec module in my A3 to disable start-stop, did exactly what it said on the tin. Haven't got round to buying one for the A4 yet because i'm hoping to discover a way to do it with OBDeleven (although still searching).....

Sorry for the delay in the feedback on the original problem.

The diagnosis was a dodgy fuse. Fingers crossed that it is sorted

Reactions: cuke2u
I'm a bit concerned about mine, have a 190 tdi stronic and when particularly parking forward or reverse just coming off the brake there's a knocking/clunking noise. Not had this on my a3, a6 before that or a 3 series bm I've just had for couple of days.

Not overly loud but wouldn't expect it, anyone else hear similar?