ANOTHER S3 Order - No service plan??

Jam12

Reaction score
Hi all,

New poster here :thumbs up:- recently ordered an S3 to replace my 2006 A3 2.0 TFSI... Thanks to many posters on here who've unwittingly helped with decisions over the past month or so, also found DTD through this site so also helped sort a very decent discount!

Anyway, my order was placed last week, (currently quoted BW 28 so looking at end of July for delivery - seems a lifetime away at the moment) and I contacted my dealer with regards to adding a service/maintenance plan and potentially extending the 3 year warranty. He's come back this morning suggesting that no such plan currently exists for the S3 which contradicts some of the info on here. Anyone managed to sort our a plan recently? Also, does anyone have any advice on whether the additional 1 or 2 years warranty are worth it?

Cheers!

Service plan wasn't mentioned to me when I placed my order. Whether they'll talk to me on or nearer collection i'm not sure. I took out a 4 year PCP and so extended the warranty by a year. For £245 i think it's a decent idea for peace of mind anyway. If I planned on keeping it longer than that i'd think £545 a decent enough amount too. Of course there's still the risk of expensive non-warranty damage like a stone through the condenser or a headlight unit as mentioned on here, but overall i'd say it's reassurance against any failure which could be VERY costly.

It's called "Audi Compete" on page 74 of the brochure (Oct 2014 version), assume they still do it.

What happened with your first car - ie the rejection?

Started with the wing mirrors wrong, hence why Audi UK offered the Carbon ones, then found Front parking sensors missing (Audi did try to retrofit but they don't work), black inlays missing, then paint issues on the boot.

Cheers sunscreemer, I'm also on a 4 year PCP which is making me consider the extended warranty.

I did see Audi Complete in the brochure which is why I was a bit confused when I was told it didn't exist (by two separate dealers) - maybe I'll take a copy in with me next time.

Cheers sunscreemer, I'm also on a 4 year PCP which is making me consider the extended warranty.

I did see Audi Complete in the brochure which is why I was a bit confused when I was told it didn't exist (by two separate dealers) - maybe I'll take a copy in with me next time.

As for servicing depends how many miles you do i guess. I have the 4 year service plan on my BMW but it's not too hasty in wanting a service with my 10,000 miles pa so maybe not really worthwhile me having it!

4 yr PCP here and he said it wasn't worth me getting a service plan for the miles I do 8-10k. He also said I will not be in it for the full 4 years, so no need to extend the warranty either.

I pretty much got told its not worth paying given your a plan for 3 years is something over £300 and an average service wouldn't cost that, so essentially i would be paying more for the same thing. So for me it would be cheaper to just pay for there service at the time rather than pay a plan.

"my order was placed last week, (currently quoted BW 28 so looking at end of July for delivery"

I know it's irrelevant to the thread but I ordered March 13 & have been given build week 29

Aye suppose it's difficult to tell if these plans are going to be worthwhile or not, looking at around 15k miles p/a so thought it might be sensible. As for extended warranty, suppose a bit of a gamble either way.

"I know it's irrelevant to the thread but I ordered March 13 & have been given build week 29"

I was originally told that I'd be looking at the end of August/start of Sept for delivery but got a call this week saying BW28 so wasn't going to argue.. Could be later than that I suppose. Hope not.

I signed my service contract with Audi in March this year.......? Don't see why they would stop ...?