Another Sepang S4 Avant order

NickW_S4

Reaction score
Hello, been lurking for a while and have found the S4 info very helpful - so thanks!

Placed an order about 2 weeks ago and now visible on the Audi tracker, manufacture has already improved from end September to end August. I think the dealer had to convert an A4 they already had on order to my spec although they claimed not to have heard anything about not being able to order more cars. Doesn't seem like there's much capacity left in the system for further orders though. I was looking at the Golf R estate but the discounts available on the S4 made it a very attractive option. Roll on September.

Reactions: CamS4, Bristle Hound, Keef and 2 others
All the best Nick, you won't look back at that Golf, except after leaving it at the lights...lol

Good decision Nick 6 cylinders and super charger = fun
Had a golf r which was a good car but ordinary engine, s4 in different league:racer:

Welcome @NickW_S4 - great choice, and another team Sepang, no wonder there's a shortage ... what options (if any) did you spec? Did you go for the Black Edition?

I'm currently driving around in an S3 Sportback, so quite happy to confirm that the 3.0 v6 supercharged is in a different league to the 4 pot turbo. Maybe not in terms of outright acceleration (pretty much the same) but in terms of throttle response, class and more importantly noise :sly:

I feel the 7 speed S-Tronic is also a better drivetrain than the 6 speed box.

Thanks for the comments - the welcome is much appreciated.

My spec as follows:

S4 Avant Black Edition Nav in Sepang Blue
Silver "peeler" 19" wheels
All black interior
Drive Select
Damper Control
Sports Diff
Parking system advanced
Convenience pack
Heated front seats
Leather arm rests (this is Mr BH's fault)
Hill hold
Through load

I decided against the Super Sports Seats because the integrated headrests and seat shape make the rear seats a bit oppressive and the storage pack because I've never locked the glove box and I like to keep the junk out of the car.

Hopefully haven't missed anything major!

The S4 will replace a B5.5 Passat Estate which I've had for 11 years and will be a long term keeper (well, that's the plan at the moment anyway).

It's going to be a long wait until September.

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Nice spec @NickW_S4 and another one with the standard seats .. I spec'd the storage pack as my daughter quite often has a can/bottle in the back of the car and the holder in the rear arm rest is handy for her. It also seems to stop the back of the front seats from being covered in shoe marks !

Leather arm rests for me too! What's not to like about resting your arm on something that's not hard plastic!

Hello, been lurking for a while and have found the S4 info very helpful - so thanks!

Placed an order about 2 weeks ago and now visible on the Audi tracker, manufacture has already improved from end September to end August. I think the dealer had to convert an A4 they already had on order to my spec although they claimed not to have heard anything about not being able to order more cars. Doesn't seem like there's much capacity left in the system for further orders though. I was looking at the Golf R estate but the discounts available on the S4 made it a very attractive option. Roll on September.
Hi & welcome to ASN Nick!

Nice colour & spec buddy

+1 on the storage pack, leather armrests and alcantara/leather seats

Will post a pic of the armrests when I'm on my Desktop PC & yes they are worth it ;)

@NickW_S4 - Pic of the leather armrests as promised :)

IMO this works well for my interior spec. Leather/alcantara seats matched to leather/alcantara door cards

PS My leccy window switches aren't silver, just the light ;)

Sounds hot Nick. Think of it in weeks not months. Interesting how many Avants are on the go in UK going by this forum. I love them, but they have wained here with most people buying all manner of Q, 5 series, ML or any other big offroader to go to the shops in. It's a bit beyond me re the size of the things. If you've got a use I suppose. I remember years ago when my fishing partner bought a Toyota Land Cruiser. We christened her the Titanic. One day we tried to get the boat in it instead of towing it. Fuel????? you should try feeding one of these beasts.

In the online tracker my build date is 31st August - which has got me wondering if that's the very last day of B8.5 production?

Did you see the post that audi closed new orders June 10.
Yours might well be the last uk car??

You may see an improvement, mine started off late September then jumped forward.

You may see an improvement, mine started off late September then jumped forward.
Hi Nick. I too have an S4 Avant on order (placed 3 June) and so we must both have the last examples available. I was originally given an estimate of end of October delivery but this was quickly brought forward to August with a BW 28.

I also considered a Golf R estate but coming from a Golf GTi I thought it was not enough of a change. I fully expect the S4 to offer a whole lot more than the Golf for a comparable price thanks to the discounts.

You guys wont be dissapointed the wait is well worth the car :)

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Just checked online and build moved forward a week to 24th August. Still seems like a long way off though!

Did your orders come up on the tracker quickly? I got my A4 order in on this Monday just gone (29th), but it can't find it on the YourAudi beta tracker. I'm very impatient!!

Not exactly sure - I had to wait for the dealer to give me the official Audi manufacturer's order number before I could see it on line. It then was at order received with no build date allocated for a few days and then I could see the first date which was towards the end of September. It has now moved forward twice, the first time to 31st August and now to 24th August.

Did your orders come up on the tracker quickly? I got my A4 order in on this Monday just gone (29th), but it can't find it on the YourAudi beta tracker. I'm very impatient!!
It was probably 2-3 weeks after ordering that I checked online and by then I could see the car on the tracker.

Car now showing as in the UK - hopefully be at the dealer soon!

Reactions: Chiefbadger, Phill_, jdp1962 and 1 other person