Another watch question .

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Not really being into watches that much i can't say that I'm that up to speed on brands and quality etc.
I like a wrist piece but not an addict as such, I have a couple of average ones that do what's required off them but thats about it.

So with that in mind talk to me about them, and more specifically Tag heuer items, are they worth having.

any info would be good.

rob

Hi Rob. I think the first thing to decide is if you prefer the quartz or automatic movement. Towards the higher end brands like Tag then the watches with the battery movement is one of their cheaper lines. A lot of watch connoisseurs wouldn’t consider a battery movement but at the end of the day it’s what you like. A very good brand with great history and quality is Longines and they are reasonably priced

Thank for the reply chap.
I was'nt really looking to buy one ,more a case of what a specific brand is like and worth having to be honest.

I've been given a TagHeuer watch recently, not a copy either but cant decide what to do, to keep it or not.
Not really sure what the spec of these are or whats a good or bad one .
Its a carrera calibre 5 day date automatic whatever that is.

any thoughts .

Seems bonkers to just have it in its box and never used but at the same time if its a nice model , maybe to good to use ......

You can’t lose if it’s been given to you so your on to a winner already. They are a very nice watch and not cheap. Depending on the age of the watch can be the difference for them being more or less desirable. As for being an investment then if you were buying it new then it would be debatable but you haven’t got to worry about that. Rolex and one or two other top brands are the only ones can be considered an investment in the short term

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Seems bonkers to just have it in its box and never used but at the same time if its a nice model , maybe to good to use ......

Use it or sell it, Rob!

I've recently sold:

2 TAG HEUER COLT 2 1 P1070885xx

Currently running numerous MONDAIN (Swiss Railways) watches - which I like and include one 'Stop-2-Go' - look it up, lol:

These (Breitling Old Navitimers) mine for the best part of 40-years are rarely worn these days - but do still get worn on occasion but as they are mechanical well best not rely on 'em for an accurate time - all depends on how you set 'em when putting 'em on, lol:

P1010169

All in all I prefer NOT to look at a wristwatch and/or notice the time these days as it seems to go faster the older one gets
Dog Running Top Speed Smiley

You can’t lose if it’s been given to you so your on to a winner already. They are a very nice watch and not cheap. Depending on the age of the watch can be the difference for them being more or less desirable. As for being an investment then if you were buying it new then it would be debatable but you haven’t got to worry about that. Rolex and one or two other top brands are the only ones can be considered an investment in the short term
Thanks for the reply.
Its brand new still in the box, with the clear covering on the strap etc.

I really can't see me using it, I wear a £29.99 Sekonda watch 99.9% of the time as it does what i want and if it gets scratched or damaged it is no big loss.
I have a Breil carbon face Ducati watch that i rarely wear, so i cant see this Tag watch ever being taken out of the box, it must be worth a few pennies.

Use it or sell it, Rob!

I've recently sold:

Currently running numerous MONDAIN (Swiss Railways) watches - which I like and include one 'Stop-2-Go' - look it up, lol:

These (Breitling Old Navitimers) mine for the best part of 40-years are rarely worn these days - but do still get worn on occasion but as they are mechanical well best not rely on 'em for an accurate time - all depends on how you set 'em when putting 'em on, lol:

View attachment 233793

All in all I prefer NOT to look at a wristwatch and/or notice the time these days as it seems to go faster the older one gets
Dog Running Top Speed Smiley

I think you are right chap, maybe just sell and get something more suitable non-watch orientated. :yes:

What sort of value would this have in a real world selling situation.

I’m an addict.
Im addicted to Breitling watches, and have been for a a few years. My current count is about 10 (I think :highly amused: ). A mix of quartz, but mainly automatic mechanicals:thumbs up:

It would depend on the reasons gifted, but i'd be tempted to keep it.

It would depend on the reasons gifted, but i'd be tempted to keep it.

A gift from someone I have done a lot of work for over the last 33 years, so a very nice gesture but i just cant see me using it and I hate just having stuff tucked away in boxes doing zippo.