Anti drone res delete

Stealth80

Reaction score
Morning,
I've had my 8v around 3 months, it's a 2015. It came with a res delete bagged up and not fitted, i tried it when I took the lowering springs off and loved the start up and general sound until......

I got on the motorway, 70 to 80 it is so loud in the car, so I took it off.

I've been looking at anti drone res deletes, does anyone know if they actually make a difference to motorway cruising?

I've got a standard res delete and 70-80 it's dead quiet.
Are your valves been programmed to stay fully open all the time? That's usually the problem.
Had mine for good few months now and and it does pipe up when I accelerate but then quiets down then I cruise.

I've got a standard res delete and 70-80 it's dead quiet.
Are your valves been programmed to stay fully open all the time? That's usually the problem.
Had mine for good few months now and and it does pipe up when I accelerate but then quiets down then I cruise.
It's just that cruising range of 2 to 3k revs, sounds really loud. How can I check the valves? Will a standard code reader work or only vagcom?

It's just that cruising range of 2 to 3k revs, sounds really loud. How can I check the valves? Will a standard code reader work or only vagcom?
2 to 3k revs in cruise? Do you drive in S mode?

In terms of checking you can physically check by starting the car then feeling your exhaust to see if you can feel air through all the pipes or only some. Probably checking with some reader that can read that part might be able to tell you too but that's out of my depth.

2 to 3k revs in cruise? Do you drive in S mode?

In terms of checking you can physically check by starting the car then feeling your exhaust to see if you can feel air through all the pipes or only some. Probably checking with some reader that can read that part might be able to tell you too but that's out of my depth.
Manual so no s mode, unless you mean Dynamic?

Manual so no s mode, unless you mean Dynamic?
I constantly drive in dynamic with going into S mode every now and then and it only pipes up when I accelerate. Otherwise it's quiet. My guess its the exhaust valves being constantly open

I constantly drive in dynamic with going into S mode every now and then and it only pipes up when I accelerate. Otherwise it's quiet. My guess its the exhaust valves being constantly open
I'll have a look when I finish work, thanks

I think they're open, I can feel a bit pressure if I cover the outer pipe regardless of dynamic or comfort. Not as much as the inner pipe though

I think they're open, I can feel a bit pressure if I cover the outer pipe regardless of dynamic or comfort. Not as much as the inner pipe though
Yeah, think the outers are always open, inners open and close? Would probably be best bet to check with VCDS or ODBeleven to see if there's any faults etc. Would also be tempted to double check the res delete install is nice and tight. Not sure if that will cause the loud drone issue.

Vcds is your friend. Buy one if you plan on staying with the brand. Vibrant makes a quality resonator bottle type. I put it on and didn’t look back. No drone. I have milltek

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'll require VCDS or ODBeleven to check if the exhaust valves have been coded open.

Hi only just spotted this, I've ordered an obd11 dongle, just gotta wait for it to be delivered and I will have a look.

Vcds is your friend. Buy one if you plan on staying with the brand. Vibrant makes a quality resonator bottle type. I put it on and didn’t look back. No drone. I have milltek

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can't remember whatvres delete it is, as I said, the initial sound was freat, nut the noise at 2 to 3k revs was too loud