Any adverse problems after mapping your car?

prt57

Reaction score
Hi,
My Audi is at stage 2+ and so I know the pitfalls about clutch slip, diverter valves uprated HPFP cam followers etc. My other car which is a Mk 4 Golf 1.8T was remapped to stage 1 with a high torque curve over 40,000 miles ago with no ill effects what so ever so far. (I did some of the best roads in Wales yesterday in the Golf including the Evo triangle and it did very well for a 19 year old car!)

My son has recently acquired a TTS with only 20,000 miles on the clock with full service history. He is meticulous with maintenance, changing the oil in between annual services at the garage.
He has it booked in at RTech for a stage 1+ remap but is worried that it will put undue strain on the components.

So my question is, has anyone had a remapped car that suffered a problem that can be directly related to the remap especially after nothing more exotic than a stage 1+?
Also, how many trouble free miles have you had so far?

Thank you for your thoughts

Usual things to watch after a remap are;
spark plugs
pcv
dv
coil packs
And of course the clutch if it's a manual!

Only problem I have after Stage 1+ is that my MPG has suddenly decreased and my right foot has gotten heavier :rock:

On a more serious note, I had my Stage 1+ done at R-Tech, been running for around 6000 miles so far, including trackdays and a lot of hard driving, no issues at all, really positive experience with them, I'll be going back for Stage 2+

Reactions: HHS3