Any advice here 2.0 CR (CAGA) welcome

Reaction score
Hi All, A few weeks back I had a DPF warning after a few weeks of not getting a proper run in the Diesel wagon.
This lead to the car going into Limp which lead me to get the car diagnosed to find a low temp range Turbo Exhaust temp sensor (Because the car would not do a forced regen)

Anyway I reset the lights (DPF still on) went for a long M'way drive, the car regenned and all is well, I noticed the oil was high so changed it and filter. but haven't replaced the temp sensor yet as it seemed all good and regenning when on a decent run.

About 500 miles later I think the oil level has gone up a little more to just over MAX, There has been a few short runs but nothing excessive.
My concerns are, is the car genning too much because of the suspect faulty exhaust sensor? also the car is a job to get up to temp in this weather when round town - could the car be thinking its too cold therefore injecting more dliesel?

Try using millers eco max or rhino diesel. It may clear some crap out. I use millers and it regens sooner and quicker. I do lots of short trips. Worth a shot for £15/20.

Thanks so that should be an additive in the oil or an addictive I can get? Any one know if the temp sensor could be an issue? Pretty sure it did a regen last night. Was idling at 950 ish so kept it in mode for a drive on motorway for 20 mins and went home. Idle back to 850

You add the additive to the fuel, not the oil. I should have said sorry. It makes the engine burn a bit hotter & therefore helps clean it. (Or at least that’s the theory). It’s available from Halfords or online. From what your describing that sounds like a regen.