Any advice on these tail lights please

Shogun

Reaction score
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/200901711106?nav=SEARCH

Guys bear with me and be gentle I'm new to the Audi world

Just come across those lights, and they claim it's just plug and play
But then I've scanned over threads on here where people have had Audi link lights up to work with the car etc?

I really love the led style tails, is this the easiest way to go about it?
Thanks in advance and help me save my money lol

These look the same as the ones I had on my previous 2008 b8, saloon. I bought them from FK Tuning, Germany, they were plug & play although when I sold them on the fog light had to be coded out as it stayed on with tail lights on, buyer told me this was a two minute job, I didn't have this issue on my car, 2008 model, buyers was a 2010.

@evans1089 - sedan = saloon in most other countries, as when I bought my lights from FK web-site, it lists them as sedan.

Please check FK Tuning reviews if purchasing from them, as their prices seem to go up when there is a demand for a certain product, also out of stock issues after purchase can mean you wait an age for your items.
I didn't have any of these issues, thank goodness. :thumbs up:
As far as I can tell these lights are made by Deko, but do your own research and price comparison.
JG

Yes mate, that certainly looks like them, its been a couple of years since I bought mine so as I said, you need to do your own research and confirm fitting. You don't get any instructions with them, although they are easy enough to work out, if I remember right you have to use your existing reverse bulbs as these aren't LED.
If decide to get them, drop me a pm and I'll get you in touch with the guy I sold mines to, he'll help you out, I'm sure, with fitting ect.
JG

Thanks very much mate, I'm gunna ask some questions with them later and if everything's right I'll buy them, I love them on the newer audis!
Really chuffed how easy to fit I was put off cos I think to get the s line front headlights you need audi

Reactions: RS5 JON
So is the fk-shop a genuine site?

Coilovers were so cheap and had a rough hassle paying on the website so assumed it was dodgy!

So is the fk-shop a genuine site?

Coilovers were so cheap and had a rough hassle paying on the website so assumed it was dodgy!

I didn't have any hassle paying them Jamie, did have to wait a couple of weeks for delivery though.
JG

Reactions: Shogun
Shogun I did some research into threse as I also have a 2008 with the standard halogen rears. As far as i'm aware if you buy aftermarket LED lights only the outside edges of the LED cluster will lightup on braking, so it will still look different to the 2010+ OEM brake lights. Also some people have had issues with their rear fog lights being stuck permanently on and have had to have their vehicles coded to turn them off, however I think its literally a two minute to get them coded.

If you buy OEM lights then you car will require coding. Also they cost nearly £500 for a set!

The two links below were the lights I was looking at. I was going to buy a set before I needed to replace my wheel bearings! :mad:

http://www.dectane-tuning.com/led-taillights-audi-a4-b8-8k-lim-07-red-crystal-ra14adlrc_4978375.html

http://www.carparts-tuning.co.uk/Li...ights-Audi-A4-Typ-8K-Limousine-red-clear.html

Reactions: Shogun
Thanks for that mate that's a good heads up, I'm im two minds now lol! I'm gonna assume they look standard when not turned on, the fog light thing bothers me a little but I really fancy these argh, it's the first real mod ive done

I have these lights on mine, and yes there is an issue with the fog lights, but is easily recoded. lights work perfectly.

Reactions: V6 Quatt and RS5 JON
Sorry about all the questions but the bottom pic is that fogs or brake light. I would of thought with the brake light the intentasy* would increase of the outer leds. Please correct me

Cool pls do send me a product link. If you don't mind. Btw car looks nice

Reactions: V6 Quatt
FK Tuning ( automotive ) in Germany, think it depends on year of your A4 whether fogs need coding or not, Mac may be able to provide more info re this.
JG

Last edited:
Reactions: Kalashnikov and evans1089
Those lights are spot on Mac, really suit the rear of your A4 mate, ;)
JG
Cheers John, will be changing them soon for OEM, but these ones are great.
A link would be great did they need coding in the end?
I don't have a link as bought from a member on here but they are from FK Automotive.
Yes they did need coding, simple via VCDS

Reactions: evans1089 and RS5 JON
Hi, New member here so please be nice guys... I have just bought an Audi A4 2008 2.0 TFSI think its a b8 model and iam looking for rear led lights just wondered if newer model audi a4 would fit or am i better with after market ones like in this thread? thanks

The B8.5 lights won't fit the B8, it's really up to you whether you buy aftermarket or OEM, here's a pic of both on my car
Aftermarket

OEM

Reactions: hendo16 and Kalashnikov
Bought the aftermarkets first, but then I picked up the OEM's at a great price

Reactions: RS5 JON
The B8.5 lights won't fit the B8, it's really up to you whether you buy aftermarket or OEM, here's a pic of both on my car
Aftermarket

OEM
Thanks Mac, what picture are after market lights and what picture is OEM lights? Also what price are the after market lights and OEM and which would you recommend? and are you selling any?

Thanks Mac, what picture are after market lights and what picture is OEM lights? Also what price are the after market lights and OEM and which would you recommend? and are you selling any?
Top ones are aftermarket

My aftermarket ones have 3 of the LED's out, anyone know how to fix, so I can sell them on

can post to Edinburgh and send you all the codes and how to and give you some help on the phone too,if it helps.

Can anyone help me on how to code it? I've got the aftermarket lights and the fog lights stay on.