Any experience with REVO on an A6 BiTDI?

Lol.. Engineering and you didnt even know the diff between engine and wheels bhp.. who did your map for you?

Good point @jojo
I'm also well interested in maping my BiTdi Allroad also
Been looking for a 4x4 dyno first to see the increase

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Reactions: jojo
" They just laughed " . Laugh away. Go back to the guys who did your mods and address their inability to get past 395 BHP. I was previously @ 386 Bhp with everything stock no intercooler, no air filter or intake mods and there is a massive massive difference now between that tune and the stg3.
My previous tuner told me it wasn't possible either and i suspect we maybe dealing with the same company who shall remain unsaid.

17498952 1354601477919797 1691327995986753572 n

I guess not :sweatsmile:. Heed thine own words. Opening statements like the one below kinda leave you open ........ Scott

" Looking at those quoted figures and claims of 450 + bhp I would say categorically there all pie in the sky Nonsence, Ive recently just had a dpf delete, wagner intercooler and custom air intake done on my 63plate BiTdi and the max oushed out of it was 395bhp with 830Nm of torque. I know tne tuners are very reputable and when I showed themthis they just laughed at it.. I would say if you push 400 your doing very well.. "

I didn't expect such a wealth of replies, or even the heated debate! :friends:

For those that had a remap, REVO or not, how is the gearbox holding up? Some debate about the max torque it is rated to, but 900+ NM is as very serious increase, and presumably some way outside the intended operating envelope.

Its not broke yet. But it certainly possible to do so. I have the rev limiter removed on the launch control and engine revving. Another thing i was told was not possible. Also top speed is removed.
I didn't expect such a wealth of replies, or even the heated debate! :friends:

For those that had a remap, REVO or not, how is the gearbox holding up? Some debate about the max torque it is rated to, but 900+ NM is as very serious increase, and presumably some way outside the intended operating envelope.

where are jd based?.. also thats only 412bhp in the real worl, though still very respectable..alsomwhats the difference with the rsv6 airbox

So does that mean the 313 bhp is actually 270 bhp and the 2.0 tdi is around 120 bhp ? Please explain how you came to these reduced figures ?

Air box and KN filter is simply improved induction to complement and assist higher BHP outputs.

https://www.jdengineering.nl

where are jd based?.. also thats only 412bhp in the real worl, though still very respectable..alsomwhats the difference with the rsv6 airbox

I think he's referring to the wheel horse power figure which on your graph is 412bhp

The engine may well produce 459bhp but due to the transmission losses only 412bhp makes it to the wheels

Ill contact the tuner to verify the 412 bhp.
How does that translate in relation to your own map does this mean you only have 350 bhp at the the wheels and also whats the impact on the original 313 bhp quoted by Audi is its really 270 bhp ?
I think he's referring to the wheel horse power figure which on your graph is 412bhp

The engine may well produce 459bhp but due to the transmission losses only 412bhp makes it to the wheels

Ill contact the tuner to verify the 412 bhp.
How does that translate in relation to your own map does this mean you only have 350 bhp at the the wheels and also whats the impact on the original 313 bhp quoted by Audi is its really 270 bhp ?

I don't have the BiTdi; only the single turbo 245bhp version :)

I'm running approx 285bhp / 490lbs ft torque which I would assume gives me approx 230-240bhp at the wheels. I've not put mine on a rolling road as I don't have one near me that I trust enough to give me accurate figures :(

All manufacturers quote ENGINE BHP ;)

your dead right Ryhso manufacturers usually tnd to quote the higher engine figure, however in real terms the more important fig is the power at the wheels.. ie the 412.. if you look at your graph you can see both the flywheel or engine horsepower and the powr at the wheels.. plus torque, hence you always tend to get 3 line plots..
where did you go to get that tuned to 412Hp and 650 ftLbs torque Mr Audi ?

Can anyone answer this ? " How does that translate in relation to the original 313 bhp quoted by Audi is its really 270 bhp ? " No ones answered this yet ?

I got my car tuned in Holland and had new Wagner competition intercooler, Rs6 airbox and K N filter. Rev limiter removed. Launch control limiter removed. Top speed removed.

Last edited:
Can anyone answer this ? " How does that translate in relation to your own map does this mean you only have 350 bhp at the the wheels and also whats the impact on the original 313 bhp quoted by Audi is its really 270 bhp ? " No ones answered this yet ?

I got my car tuned in Holland and had new Wagner competition intercooler, Rs6 airbox and K N filter

I did answer this.....

TRANSMISSION / DRIVETRAIN LOSSES!!

Every car suffers from this. Front wheel drive cars suffer less losses compared to 4WD / AWD vehicles

Whats the bhp figure then Rhyso ? Thats all I'm asking ?

I did answer this.....

TRANSMISSION / DRIVETRAIN LOSSES!!

Every car suffers from this. Front wheel drive cars suffer less losses compared to 4WD / AWD vehicles

Look back at the posts. " How does that translate in relation to the original 313 bhp quoted by Audi is its really 270 bhp" and how does this equate to the power offers buy the TDI ultra are they pushing out 140bhp at the wheels. Simple enough questions.

For who?? If we go from your graph then your ENGINE power is 459bhp

What physically makes it to the tarmac is 412bhp :)

Are you running a plugin box ? i.e. TDI uk type of thing ?
I don't have the BiTdi; only the single turbo 245bhp version :)

I'm running approx 285bhp / 490lbs ft torque which I would assume gives me approx 230-240bhp at the wheels. I've not put mine on a rolling road as I don't have one near me that I trust enough to give me accurate figures :(

All manufacturers quote ENGINE BHP ;)

you drove all the way to Holland to get your car tuned.. your keen lol. im going to go back to ecotune once i get it back from audi body shop for a tweek too, mines smokes like a james bond car on full throttle.. big black plumes of diesel reek...lol also going to take your graph in and ask why they cant achieve that as i too have the wagner intercooler..

Reactions: The Black Panther
They wont achieve it I've spoken to them long ago that why i ended up going to Holland. I researched this for year before doing anything. Previously i had the same BHP as you from them without any hardware mods i.e intercooler airbox filter etc etc. It was big difference and i was really pleased with their work - but now my car is stupid. Your smoke will be nothing compared to the sh i t that comes out mine now - honestly :)

Holland is 3995 euros. But i did a lot f the work myself and also had the Vat deducted from the Bill because i have ltd company so mine was nearer 2800 euros all in + ferry and fuel. Took around 4-5 hrs including aligning the DPF. I fitted the Intercooler and airbox myself.

you drove all the way to Holland to get your car tuned.. your keen lol. im going to go back to ecotune once i get it back from audi body shop for a tweek too, mines smokes like a james bond car on full throttle.. big black plumes of diesel reek...lol also going to take your graph in and ask why they cant achieve that as i too have the wagner intercooler..

Last edited:
Look back at the posts. " How does that translate in relation to the original 313 bhp quoted by Audi is its really 270 bhp" and how does this equate to the power offers buy the TDI ultra are they pushing out 140bhp at the wheels. Simple enough questions.

Please look back at my posts..........all manufacturers quote ENGINE BHP

Have a read of this
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s4...sses-through-fwd-rwd-awd-drivetrains-2820086/

As for my own car......I don't run tat ;). Mine is a proper remap

lol.. I hate flooring it now cause of the smoke.. ppl must think fek hes blown a gasket...lol plus its jail bait should the cops clock it..lol

So you don't have the figures for the question fair enough. Just so we are clear. Thanks.

A proper remap ? But you said its never been on a dyno. Who remaps and guarantees figures without measurement ?> Strange. You sure you have the figures you say you have Rhyso ? How can you be sure ?
Please look back at my posts..........all manufacturers quote ENGINE BHP

Have a read of this
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s4...sses-through-fwd-rwd-awd-drivetrains-2820086/

As for my own car......I don't run tat ;). Mine is a proper remap

I also have the Kufatec on lambourghini mode which i love. Few times i have been near Police i have switched to silent on the MMI as i get near them - drive past and then put it back on :) :)
lol.. I hate flooring it now cause of the smoke.. ppl must think fek hes blown a gasket...lol plus its jail bait should the cops clock it..lol

Reactions: jojo
i have a k&N panel but original airbox, not sure if an rs6 box wld make any differnce.. kufatec too but on No4 all the time.. quite subtle but nicewhen you plant the boot

Rs6 airbox Trade is around £170 and S6 K N air filter that fits that and the BITDI intake interface is around £65. You throw away the RS6 interface and keep the original BITDI one that connects perfectly with the RS6 airbox.
The part number of the K&N air filter is: E-1983 (audi S6 or A6 3.0tfsi)
The airbox is from a RS6 (part number 4G0 133 836 AF).
i have a k&N panel but original airbox, not sure if an rs6 box wld make any differnce.. kufatec too but on No4 all the time.. quite subtle but nicewhen you plant the boot

not so sure i would gain anything from that tho, given i have that k an N already.. i thought the point of the rs 6 bix was coz it was a twin inlet ?

So you don't have the figures for the question fair enough. Just so we are clear. Thanks.

A proper remap ? But you said its never been on a dyno. Who remaps and guarantees figures without measurement ?> Strange. You sure you have the figures you say you have Rhyso ? How can you be sure ?

What figures are you after?? Audi state your BiTDI will produce 313ps at the FLYWHEEL. What it then makes at the wheels depends on how much is lost through the drivetrain

I personally know the guy who has remapped my car. Whilst mine has never been on the dyno, others with the same car have and on average, those are the results that have been produced so I'm fairly confident that it's producing around that.

Even if it isn't, it drives significantly better than when it was standard, which for me, is more important than willy-waving figures that you brag about to your mates down the pub :)

Oh and I've filmed it when using launch control and its 0-60 is just over 5 seconds.......Audi quote 6.2 I think for a standard car so it's not a small increase if it can knock a second off the 0-60

You don't use the twin pipe it doesn't fit. The airbox offers more input so they tell me. Physically you can see that when you place them side by side.
not so sure i would gain anything from that tho, given i have that k an N already.. i thought the point of the rs 6 bix was coz it was a twin inlet ?

Filmed you say just over 5.0 seconds :). I measured mine with a calculator and chalk and its at 3.5 secs. No seriously more like 4.5.
Your doing uncannily well with 230 bhp to get those times :) Mmmm

Oh and I've filmed it when using launch control and its 0-60 is just over 5 seconds.......Audi quote 6.2 I think for a standard car so it's not a small increase if it can knock a second off the 0-60

Reactions: Rhyso
Yeah if you watched the video, its 11 seconds long but I don't get going until halfway through and when I stop the video I'm past 60mph :)

That was done with ditch finder tyres on the front and 2mm Avon's on the rear (garage fitted them when I bought it as they put it through an MOT and it failed on the tyres! And i was waiting for my set of UniRoyals to arrive) and the road was drying up from a downpour

Yours should be around the 4 second mark or less. A standard BiTDI takes just over 5 to crack 60mph so yours should comfortably be low 4's if not late 3's

so Jamie, how long did it take you to get to JD engineerings place ? did you get the ferry from hull to Amsterdam? how long a drive drom there