Any ideas?

simon.m

Reaction score
hi all i have a 2002 a4 tdi sport. seems to have power loss but not all the time. any help on this would be good

thanks
simon

Sounds like it is going into limp home mode.

You need to get the diagnostics scanned and see what faults are showing up

oh ok would any lights come on when it dose that

Not normally. Are you losing power when under load in 3rd or higher gear? When you lose power try turning the ignition off then on again quickly to see if full power is restored. Do this on a straight private road if possible. Get the scan done and post back any codes.

thanks bilko1 it did it when i was going up a hill in 2nd but it dose do it in 3rd too ok so iv tred turning it on and off seems to work but if i just leave it for a min and drive normal and then boot it its ok some times to. booked in today to be looked at will let you no whats found

so had it looked at car is good but to codes come up one i think is p1256 and p1586 if im reading the right ones ;-) thanks again bilko1

You say you have "power loss but not all the time" and the first of those codes lists as possible symptoms "Bad acceleration during warming up".

has done it when warm to mate when on the motor way i was over taking and loss of power turnt it of and back on fine pulled fine.
maybe its making it think its cold when its not ?

I had this fault as do others ,
main issues not in any order:

N75 solenoid
turbo, variable veins sticky
vac pipes split or come off
and last but not least Map sensor / boost sensor .

this should give you some to get on with these items very rarely show on scan tools but there are tests you can try to test some of them
also someone with vag com or such equipment will be able to read actual values on stuff like pressure sensor and also be able to trigger N75 valve .

thanks pual im told i dont have a n75 as its a tdi but not sure as this is my first audi and first tdi so a weeeeeeee bit lost with it

dammm i read on here some ones thread and they was talking about n75 i was ok so where is it on a tdi. told dont have one just 18.t have them. so they was wrong
oh well what do i do with it if i find it