Any info on this remap company?

Rick106

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I'm new to these forums. I have just got a new A3 2.0 Tdi Sport 140. Its really really nice. I've been looking around and decided to have it remapped.

I've had a look and there is a company in Pendle called Pendle Performance who do the Remap for £195. They advertise on Ebay.

I considered Chipped UK but I live in Manchester and its too far to go to Birmingham.

Anyway has anybody got any feedback at all on this Pendle Performance company?

Its only got a few feedback, but all positive on Ebay. I have got my car booked in for Saturday and I'm gonna go unless someone can tell me otherwise.

I've searched the forums but can't find the company. Any info or recommendations guys?

Cheers,
Rich

I'm sure they're fine but personally I would only ever use the nationals. Revo, APR, Custom Code, AMD (or whatever they're called this week), Superchips etc. I know remapping can be done in a few minutes but it's not something I would penny pinch on. Not on a £20k++ car.

Yeah but its a company car and i've not paid for it:moa: .

So i don't really want to spend £4-500.

He says its going to take a couple of hours anyway.

Anybody heard of this company at all?

You needn't spend that.
When I first joined the forum,there were several company car drivers who had bought cheap tuning-boxes off ebay for anything from £20-£50.
They reported big differences and and no problems.
I even ordered one,at a cost of about £30,but I bottled fitting it.
So I sold it to an A4 user on here,who came back to me saying it was brilliant.
From memory,the ebay seller caled himself tdi-tuning or something like that.

I've got one of those tuning boxes on already. Heh heh. Its a variable analogue one. However its made little difference. I can hardly feel it. So I neeed more power and this remap seems like the best option.

The remaps can't be picked up can they by service or warranty? I'm told not. Just that if they drive it they'll feel the difference.

Rick106 said:
The remaps can't be picked up can they by service or warranty? I'm told not. Just that if they drive it they'll feel the difference.

Allegedly,no they cannot be dedected.
If you go for a superchips bluefin,they can be switched on and off at will,to allow for servicing etc.
I'll probably go for a bluefin on my next car,assuming they make one for whatever car I choose !
They are £499 though (ish).
Over the 3 years I keep a company car though,it's not that much to pay for undetectable power.

Are the bluefin units resaleable? Can u get most of your £500 quid back? I know they have to be reset and that costs bout £100.

I don't know how Superchips make sure their bluefin only works on your car,but they must be able to do it.
They'd go out of business pretty quick if they didn't !

Rick106 said:
Yeah but its a company car and i've not paid for it:moa:

So's mine and as far as I'm concerned that's all the more reason to use one of the tuners I mentioned :moa:

Rick106 said:

If they want to find it they'll find it. Though as bowfer says, Bluefin is certainly one of the more stealthy options.

How do Superchips make sure Bluefin works on your car and your car only then ???
Just curious,not trying to find a workaround !

I don't know. Wish there was a workaround! I know you have to register it on the internet before you can use it.

£500 is just too much for me. I might not stay with the company for longer than a year anyway so I don't want to fork out that much. Thats why I want a cheaper option.

So no one's heard of Pendle Performance then? Tis not looking good.

I think the Bluefin has to be uploaded to the car from the handset - therefore erasing/disabling it on the handset.
The handset can't be used on another car until the upload from the first car has been 'downloaded' back to the handset first.

SamDude said:
I think the Bluefin has to be uploaded to the car from the handset - therefore erasing/disabling it on the handset.
The handset can't be used on another car until the upload from the first car has been 'downloaded' back to the handset first.

Ah,I get you.
So,in theory,you could sell it to someone else if you put the car back to standard ?
Like when it goes back to the leasing company ?

That seems like a win-win scenario.
Buy it for £499.
Run it for three years.
Sell it for £200 in three years.
Bargain !

If you change cars then Superchips will charge you £100 to change the calibration file to suit your new car.

RobinA3 said:
If you change cars then Superchips will charge you £100 to change the calibration file to suit your new car.

Someone has to ask - does this apply if the old car and the new car are both the same model? (eg. 2.0TDI 140 :eyebrows: )

RobinA3 said:

If the car is a different make of car you mean ?
So I could buy one now for my Audi,then they would only charge me £100 to recalibrate it for an Alfa 159 ?
(not that they do bluefin for the 159 yet,but they might by January)

NO thats not the case, the bluefin handset is calibrated to only recognise your cars ECU so is in effect 'locked' to all other vehicles even of the same engin type. The actual charge for 'unlocking' and transferring to an alternate vehicle is actually £185 plus vat - I know cos I have done this and have had 4 cars remapped by SC so they do look after me on price etc.

If the new vehicle is listed for bluefin it can be transferred if the hanset is compatable.

I've heard good things about chipped UK but I like a guarantee of some description so I too would stick with the main players, as Bowfer said £500 is nothing for the performance gains over 3 years.

Spin