RSQ3 Any owners advice please.

Gavin0478

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi my mum is looking at an RSQ3 the later 340 or 367 performance versions.

Anyone found any faults that seem specific to these please and any shocks in running costs.

Can I suggest you would be much better asking that question (and get an answer from a goodly cross section of Q3/RSQ3 owners) if you posted it on http://www.q3ownersclub.co.uk/
The Q3/RSQ3 section on here is hardly frequented by owners in all honesty.

That aside, I have the 340bhp version which I have owned for about 20 months, and covered circa 12k miles - car has now done approx 22k miles. I've had no major issues, nor am I aware of other Facelift Q3 owners having issues; A few RSQ3's did have juddering brakes (it was only a few though) which I believe were resolved by the fitting of new discs and pads (amongst other things), but just watch out when you test drive. That aside - nothing of any note that I'm aware of.

Running costs - normal day to day costs are not to bad IMO, reasonable mpg, you need to use premium 97/98 RON fuel, but hey its a performance engine. Major service items are plugs every 20k/6 years which can only be done by Audi (as plugs are specific to the engine) and costs circa £130. S-Tronic oil needs doing at 38K miles (about £250), and the 4 wheel coupling oil every 3 years. Tyres are a bit of a moot point, most seem to get around the 25k miles to a set (depending on how the car is used), Audi recommend specific Pirelli A0 marked tyres - which actually are not bad tyres - although some have fitted alternates like Michelin or Goodyear (so not A0 approved) with no problems.

Worthwhile options to look out for when you are looking are the LED Interior Light pack (well worth while - standard if the Panoramic roof is fitted) and the HD based sat nav (as its a little bit quicker than the SD version and has a better MMI screen) and the BOSE Stereo upgrade. Many also have a rear view camera fitted which is very useful.

Anyway - try http://www.q3ownersclub.co.uk/ - you'll get a better cross section of responses there from both RSQ3 and Q3 owners