Any thoughts on this?

Ringway

Reaction score
I am experiencing a funny wobbly feel and noise from my A4 B8 2.0 Tdi its only started a couple of days now, I only get this at low speeds up to like 35 mph.The wobbling feels like its coming from the front wheels, Took the car in to KwikFit to check my alignment it was absolute fine bought two fresh set of tyres thinking that might solve the problem and its still there. Noticed aswell when i go round a round about I feel it in my feet but not the steering cant figure our what at all might be the problem?

It's your Balancing.

Never, ever take a vehicle to Kwik Fit.
They will sell you new tyres although this won't resolve the initial problem - which is balancing.

Take it to a reputable garage and ask them to check the balancing.
Ask them to remove all current weights in place and restart from scratch.
Should take 10 minutes.

Good luck.

Agree with the above, Kwik fit will just try and sell you tyres!!

Although if they have fitted new tyres and balanced them, it should have sorted the issue I think it is, which is balancing, however they are not great there, so maybe not!!

Maybe go to a local independant tyre shop and get them to rebalance the wheels and see if that sorts the issue for you.

Are your wheels on tight and tyres have enough air in? Sounds obvious but people sometimes don't check the basics.

It's your Balancing.

Never, ever take a vehicle to Kwik Fit.
They will sell you new tyres although this won't resolve the initial problem - which is balancing.

Take it to a reputable garage and ask them to check the balancing.
Ask them to remove all current weights in place and restart from scratch.
Should take 10 minutes.

Good luck.
I have rebalanced the wheels seems to have corrected the issue abit but theres still a little wobble thought it might just be my mind, but can still feel it slightly not as rough as before.

Painting wheels shouldn't cause a problem but if they paint the back of the wheel where they meet the face of the disc then any uneven finish is amplified outwards towards the edge of the wheel

Painting wheels shouldn't cause a problem but if they paint the back of the wheel where they meet the face of the disc then any uneven finish is amplified outwards towards the edge of the wheel
Well the car has driven absolutely fine, since I have had it. The problem only started when i replaced my front left tire. As I said my initial post is that it gets worse when i go round a roundabout or turn right on full lock.

As said above you'll be best taking it to an independent audi/vag garage to get them to check. Best to stay clear of kwik fit and other tyre and exhaust chains.

Reactions: Snibo
Was it a new tyre and a quality one ?. Try jacking the wheel up and spinning the tyre while it has full lock on. See if there are any bulges in it or if the tyre has gone out of shape. I had issues with a rear tyre on the wifes car and when you spun it you could see the bump in the tyre. on closer inspection you could see the treadwear was different.
http://www.puretyre.co.uk/tyre-information/tyre-definitions/out-of-shape-tyre/

Well the car has driven absolutely fine, since I have had it.
The problem only started when i replaced my front left tire.

This is why I think it's the balancing.
Glad to hear that it's got a little better.

Presume same tyres on the front.
Presume you've done the obvious - checked tyre pressures / wheel nuts.

You didn't let them (Kwik Fit) do the Tracking did you - if so, this could need re-doing.

Hit a pothole once - one hell of a clang.
Was convinced that the car was pulling to the right.
Had the Mechanic come out with me - said the car was fine and it was probably in my mind.
Having heard the pothole clang, I was convinced more damage must have been done.
Anyway, after the Mechanic said all okay, I stopped thinking about it and car was fine.

Check the wheel for any damage.
Maybe worth checking your Discs.

Good Luck, hope you get sorted soon.

Was it a new tyre and a quality one ?. Try jacking the wheel up and spinning the tyre while it has full lock on. See if there are any bulges in it or if the tyre has gone out of shape. I had issues with a rear tyre on the wifes car and when you spun it you could see the bump in the tyre. on closer inspection you could see the treadwear was different.
http://www.puretyre.co.uk/tyre-information/tyre-definitions/out-of-shape-tyre/
Yes they were new tyres michelin ones, ive bought from this same tyre shop years never had a problem at all only changed my audi tyres for the first time and this problem has developed. I have had the AA come out to have a look at the wheels jacked the car spun the wheels Checked for uneven tyre shape etc. He even got a stethoscope out his kit to check if it was from the wheel bearing he said everything was fine to him test drove it etc, he said he could not pin point a problem.

Only other thing I could think of, someone had it a while ago where there was water in the actual tyre when it was fitted, so it could be worth having them removed, checked and re installed.

Im so annoyed with the car now, lost all my love for it now as this fault just degrades the driving of the car for me.

I know exactly how you feel.
Had an RCZ as my previous car and was always changing the front wheels every year.
As they were 19" the balancing had to be exactly bang on.
Used to have to take the vehicle to a very good auto garage after every tyre change as the balancing was just not right.

That was the prime reason I got rid of the vehicle - just couldn't be bothered with the hassle every year - and it ruined the love of driving it.

Hope you get sorted.