Any tutorial for replacing rain/light/humidity sensor?

Dirty Helmet

Reaction score
Does anyone have a tutorial for replacing a humidity sensor for a rain/light/humidity sensor? I attached pics of what I currently have to work with.

The car is a 2015 audi a3 s-line.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 199
  • s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 164
Funny enough I’ve just been looking into this. Whatever you do, don’t force the plastic shroud when pushing it back over. I’ve just cracked my screen. What part number for the sensor did you buy?

Funny enough I’ve just been looking into this. Whatever you do, don’t force the plastic shroud when pushing it back over. I’ve just cracked my screen. What part number for the sensor did you buy?

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 173
Reactions: Marky79
Strange, I have the same part number but no ‘B’ so I’m worried there are different iterations of these for some reason. Switch is on its way so I’ll try coding it anyway.

Strange, I have the same part number but no ‘B’ so I’m worried there are different iterations of these for some reason. Switch is on its way so I’ll try coding it anyway.

Do you have a picture of the sensor?

Do you have a picture of the sensor?
I don’t, it’s identical to look at undernear. I e ordered a new one now anyway, it’s a ‘c’ iteration. So does all the same as your ‘b’

Onwards with the coding.

I don’t, it’s identical to look at undernear. I e ordered a new one now anyway, it’s a ‘c’ iteration. So does all the same as your ‘b’

Onwards with the coding.

Ok, post updates how it goes, I'm waiting for a gelpad before I install mine. Will update here if I'm successful or not, never done this before so well see.

Bo***x I’ve only went and ordered the switch from Lithuania by mistake.

Bo***x I’ve only went and ordered the switch from Lithuania by mistake.

I did the same thing but I knew it was from Lithuania, couldn't find the parts cheaper, I wasn't disappointed tho they came in decent condition.

New sensor installed so just to code it now with VCDS. Hopefully the wiper stalk is compatible as I have the 4 speed switch. Fingers crossed it can be dual use.

Happy to report all it took was to replace the 8U0955559 with a 8U0955559C and it automatically worked. No coding needed.

Auto lights definitely will I expect, once the switch arrives of course.