Any vets on the Forum?

necroeire

Reaction score
Sick dog, going to vet tomorrow but some advice would be nice. PM if anyone can help.

My Grandpa was a vet, was the chief of Agriculture for Scotland. Manly worked with farms and stuff but did all the usual home pet stuff to.

So he knows a thing or two i could call and ask him if need be.

He doesnt do homers though!! ha.

No panic mate, I'll take the pooch to the vets in the morning. Just wanted to see if anyone could give me some info so I could comfort the mrs a little. Think the dog has eaten some poison or something, she is very sick since yesterday. Might even take her later so I'll see how she is when I get home. The mrs is there with her anyhow so no mad panic.

By the way here's a pic of her.
PICT0473.jpg

I'm no vet, but i do know that if an animal cannot keep water down, then you should take it to the vet if it hasn't had a drink for over half a day. They become dehydrated much quicker than us.

Also (and i know this is never possible) take a sample/bottle of whatever the poison was.

Cheers guys, I'll be taking her tonight if she doesn't improve but last time she ate a 5" stick and it came back up whole. Even the vet couldn't find anything then so I'm suspecting her backfire is due to some stones or a lot of grass. When I mentioned poison I meant something like some plastic or concrete, becuase she is chewing everything as she is teething.

Here is another picture of her after she went swimming in the mud when it pi$$ed rain the other day.
PICT0445.jpg

PICT0437.jpg

If you think she has swallowed something you really do need to get her to the vets ASAP so that they can decide what action needs to be taken

[ QUOTE ]
No panic mate, I'll take the pooch to the vets in the morning. Just wanted to see if anyone could give me some info so I could comfort the mrs a little. Think the dog has eaten some poison or something, she is very sick since yesterday. Might even take her later so I'll see how she is when I get home. The mrs is there with her anyhow so no mad panic.

By the way here's a pic of her.
PICT0473.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice Pup, how did you get on?

The Wife went to Crufts yesterday, 400 Dobermans. She was a happy girl /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Well got on good apart from the vet looking like Santa and frightening the $hit out of the dog. He thinks she may have some gasterics problems so she is on some special fluid to stop he overactive tummy. Also got her ears cleaned as they were a little waxy. Shame I couldn't use any Audiclean.
So I'll give her fluid today and tomorrow ans then tomorrow clean her ears again and next Saturday she will take a worm dose and the week after it's back to the vet for another booster.
All thet for €45 when to see a doctor for 2 min is €60.

Cheers guys thanks for your support. She is fine again today just back from walking in the woods and she even went for a swim in the stream. Happy dog again.