any way to get a 50/50 lock on the wheels without a haldex controller?

Chlippo

Reaction score
I would like to have some more lock on those quattros...i dont like how the car delivers the power...its like 2wd until the wheels spins then the haldex kicks in and the car feels a 4wd for about a couple of seconds. And it takes the haldex around 1 second or so before it kicks in.
Anyways i might be wrong about that, but i would like to have a 40/50 or 50/50 lock without paying 950$ for a blue controller upgrade.
PS:I think the blue haldex controller upgrade does a 40/50 locking, and there was an orange colored one that did 50/50 all the time,

we can make the car 2wd by removing the fuse, but can we make it 4wd somehow?

The blue Haldex controller gives 50/50 on half throttle or above, there is no orange version available for the 8L S3 which keeps the haldex engaged under breaking. MTM sell a Haldex switch that keeps the haldex engaged permanently, but I don't know how that works, and it costs £750+vat, so a Haldex Performance controller is the best choice for what you are after, in my opinion.

i was reading about the orange one on a vw forum...ill check if i can find that thread again and post it here

as for the orange controller...i think it existed for a couple of years, just type haldex orange controller on google and many info pops out.
aparently it is also called haldex competition controller??